We are looking for an experienced Director of Business Development to oversee, grow, and support our Business Development Team. The Director of Business Development is perfect for someone obsessed with building teams, coaching BDRs, and driving pipeline and revenue. Responsibilities include providing professional development opportunities for the BDR team, motivating them to achieve pipeline growth targets, and creating an effective step-by-step process of nurturing leads and driving pipeline to MidMarket, Enterprise, and Strategic sales teams.
The Director of Business Development will report to the VP of Mid-Market Sales and work very closely with the sales leadership team. The successful candidate will be responsible for our key performance indicators (KPI) for business development including lead generation, qualification, and conversion to opportunities. They will collaborate cross-functionally within AbsenceSoft, but specifically with the sales and marketing teams.They should also be able to lead and motivate the BDR team to achieve quarterly and annual lead, pipeline and revenue goals.
Who We Are
AbsenceSoft is looking to elevate the leave and accommodations experience and hire amazing people like you! We create user-friendly technology that empowers employers to bring humanity, certainty and efficiency to the leave and accommodations experience. Made by HR Professionals for HR Professionals, we’re proud of where we’ve been and excited about where we’re headed. We value creative, innovative people who are passionate about their work and who believe there is always a better way.
Leading With Our Core Values
Make a Difference.
- We are inspired to make an impact through our hard work, talent and passion. We push ourselves each day to better serve our teams, our clients, and our community.
- We are driven by team spirit not by self-interest. We value collaboration and approach our work with humility and a desire to win together
- If we say it, we mean it. We follow through on our commitments, step up to deliver, and grow from our successes and failures.
- No matter your background or experience, everyone’s voice holds value here.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure all KPI’s are achieved including lead generation, qualification, and opportunity conversion.
- Recruiting, training, and managing members of the business development team.
- Set and track targets for your team.
- Build compensation plans.
- Report on KPI’s and suggest improvements as needed to hit targets.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts.
- Research and discover methods to increase prospect engagement.
- Scale ABM program and selling strategies.
- Build, test, and launch personalized, unique, and value-based prospect campaigns.
- Build an open-communication and collaborative environment for your team.
- Collaborate with the demand gen team to ensure that the team receives quality leads to pursue.
- Work with product marketing on enablement material and content.
- Maintain an accurate record of all meetings and pipeline generated.
- Regularly evaluating the performance of the team.
- Recommend and implement improvements to current sales practices and procedures as needed.
- Build out a business development training program.
- Ensure great prospect and customer experience during early sales stages.
What’ll Set You Up for Success
- 1 – 2 years sales or BDR leadership experience
- Proven work experience as a manager within Business Development preferred.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills.
- Hands on experience with Salesforce, Gong and Outreach preferred.
- Proven experience leading ABM selling approach.
- In-depth understanding of the sales administration process.
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Numerical abilities and problem-solving attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
What To Know Before You Apply
- We’re located in beautiful Golden, Colorado. (Hybrid – In office two days a week)
- This is a full-time, salaried position + bonus.
- AbsenceSoft provides a wide variety of perks and benefits. Including full medical, dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance. We support your professional growth including industry training and CLMS Certification, opportunities for additional industry and technology certifications, and continuing education.
- The salary range for this position is 110k – 120k + Variable Compensation Plan
At AbsenceSoft, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that celebrates and supports diversity and inclusion. We make all employment and related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Follow us on social media