birdie is the leading home healthcare technology platform that aims to radically transform the lives of older adults. Its all-in-one solution supports millions of care visits every month, equipping care providers with the tools they need to deliver better quality care and improve efficiency across most day-to-day operations. birdie is B-Corp certified and was recently named as a top two Home Health Tech provider globally in the cohort of top 150 Most Innovative Digital Health startups by CB Insight in 2021.
Launched in 2017, birdie is a team of socially motivated care, health, product and tech entrepreneurs. We were nominated one of the top 10 UK startups to watch, the SME with the best culture in the UK and was in the 2020 Business Cloud Top 50 Start Up’s list. In 2021 we were named no.9 in Start Up’s top 100 innovative and disruptive businesses as well as being accepted into Tech Nation’s 2021 Upscale 7.0 program. As of June 2022 we closed our series B funding with £25m invested by Sofina, Omers & Index ventures.
You will launch birdie in Germany! From early market validation and iteration on product-market fit, through defining and implementing efficient ways to grow revenues, to hiring and ensuring the birdie culture & values are firmly established in the new market teams, you will take ownership and accountability for the success of the launch.
You’ll navigate the true entrepreneurial journey of a country launch, with the full support of the whole organisation to ensure the success. You’ll work hand-in-hand with Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Corporate teams, leading from the front on every initiative.
🦸♀️ How you will contribute:
- Source & hire the best entrepreneurial talent to ensure the success of the German market launch;
- Build birdie’s understanding of the market, competition, and ideal customer profile to shape the German go-to-market strategy;
- Do the things that don’t scale to source, secure and support birdie’s first 30 paying customers who would be ‘very disappointed’ if they could no longer use birdie’s service.
- Explore, capture, and structure insights from customers and prospects to help shape the product roadmap for Germany, and work closely with product teams to ensure execution of the roadmap supports rapid growth and adoption;
- Identify the most appropriate way to launch birdie in Germany, then roll up your sleeves and make it happen – whether sourcing data for demand generation, building networks of local care providers, creating and hosting events, good old-fashioned cold-calling, or anything else you can make work.
- Craft birdie’s positioning to compel prospects & customers to engage with us.
- Be the connective tissue between the local and HQ teams, and ensure birdie’s values thrive with all new recruits.
- Embed & embody the birdie culture as you build local sales, customer success, and marketing teams to achieve growth targets.
🤩 We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are an entrepreneur at heart, and love working in ambiguous, changing, energetic, start-up working environment.
- Are intellectually curious, constantly refining how to be best-in-class, and wanting to learn, improve and develop yourself
- Are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and can simplify complex topics in a way that anyone can understand.
- Get things done and are willing to step up, roll up your sleeves and take ownership.
- Have the curiosity, resilience, and determination to perform a role sitting at the cross-roads of sales, product, marketing and customer success.
- Always operate with high integrity, high emotional awareness, and subscribe to birdie’s values.
Skills / qualifications:
- 7+ years of work experience, including 4+ years of entrepreneurial experience, in a digital product context (SaaS, marketplace etc) e.g. startup founder, startup early stage employee, leading international expansion for an established business or launching a new product / division.
- Social care or health experience (desired but not required).
- German native speaker with professional fluency.
These are our ideal requirements, but we know some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Birdie, so please apply if you meet the majority of these competencies.
🙌 What are the benefits?
People are our core strength. We are social entrepreneurs, boasting an outstanding culture (employer net promotion score of 67) with strong values (B-Corp certified). We offer exceptional benefits and invest massively in our team’s happiness, wellbeing and growth. Our benefits may vary slightly by country to be locally compliant and competitive.
The salary for this position is €130,000 OTE – €180,000 OTE depending on experience. A significant part of the compensation for this role will be discretionary share options. We do adjust salaries based on the cost of living index for employees based outside of the UK.
The ideal candidate will be located in Germany. We are a remote-friendly company and have birdies working across several countries. We organise quarterly in-person events and online socials to make sure you can meet up with peers.
🌱 L&D budget
Growth is key. You’ll have a personal development budget to put towards books (e.g., free audible subscription), courses, trainings and conferences; continuous coaching within the team and with external experts
🌴 Base holiday
33 days base holiday (25 days + 8 bank holidays) + Christmas eve day off
🎄 Christmas leave
birdie closes between Christmas and New Year so you can have some down time with your loved ones. This is in addition to your base holiday!
🎂 Birthday leave
You can take your birthday off when it falls on a weekday! (effective from 1st Jan 2023)
👩⚕️ Private health insurance
Private health insurance that covers many physical and mental health costs provided by Alan.
☀️ Wellbeing budget
We care about your wellbeing. birdie offers each employee a wellbeing allowance every quarter.
👼🏽 Parental Leave
Highly favourable parental leave policy; once you have spent twelve consecutive months on our payroll, primary caregivers are entitled to 26 weeks of parental leave at 100% of your usual salary and secondary caregivers are entitled to 12 weeks of parental leave, at 100% of your usual salary.
🐣 Fertility Leave
birdie recognises the emotional and physical challenges which may arise during fertility treatments, and supports all birdies by offering 5 additional paid days of leave.
⛷ Frequent company socials, trips and meals
We organise many socials, quarterly retreats and annual trips (like our epic ski trips)
🤗 Exceptional culture
We see ourselves as social entrepreneurs shaping a new kind of organisation: caring, responsible yet fostering excellence. Read The birdie Way to learn more.
Join birdie and seize this unique opportunity to shape the future of a transformative tech startup, to create positive social change, and develop yourself very fast in a flexible, close-knit & transparent organisation.
We have a grand vision to transform how society deals with ageing, starting with radically improving the lives of 1 million older adults in the next 3 years. We dream big and speed is of the essence.
We’re all entrepreneurs at birdie. We’re a flat organization, with no manager to tell you what to do but a community of peers and coaches to support you.
We’re highly collaborative and iterative. Everything we do is transparent to anyone, be it objectives and key results, compensation packages and equity or strategic conversations.
Growing with trust is key. Everyone sets their own development plan and gets support to learn fast, from training to books or coaches. We live by radical candour: we give honest feedback and care deeply & personally about each other.
Join us now to improve the lives of millions!
⚖️ Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We endeavour to embrace diversity, and promote an inclusive environment for all Birdies, and actively work towards this with our Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
If you have any questions regarding the interview process, or if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Follow us on social media