We are a rapidly growing startup launched by serial entrepreneurs and run by a team gathered from the publishing and tech industries. Millions of readers use our products every day to find great books, and our services empower thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find stories and authors they’ll love. Check out BookBub and our audiobook retailing platform, Chirp, and learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
ABOUT THE POSITION
BookBub is looking for a performance-oriented marketer to test and scale marketing channels. You will own the customer acquisition strategy, implementation, optimization and reporting for 2-3 marketing channels. You understand the consumer journey and love testing new ads, audiences, and landing pages to continuously improve performance. You are comfortable with large goals and taking ownership of our marketing approach and results. You are collaborative and enjoy working cross-functionally.
Here’s an example of what someone can expect to accomplish in their first year in the position:
- Manage and optimize paid performance marketing channels
- Create and optimize ads; writing headlines and copy, and collaborating with our design team on images to improve channel performance
- Maintain dashboards of advertising performance metrics, analyze the impact of owned marketing channels, and report on insights/learnings to team/stakeholders
- Design and execute conversion optimization tests across our digital experience
- Work cross-functionally with analytics, product, engineering, and design to meet ambitious growth targets
IDEAL CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION WILL HAVE:
- 2-5 years in growth or performance marketing at a consumer, high-growth company or performance agency (direct response experience a plus)
- Demonstrated knowledge of 1-2 paid media platforms (e.g. Google Ads, Facebook Ads, TikTok Ads), with experience optimizing for efficiency (e.g. CPA, CAC, ROAS)
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to analyze and interpret data; proficient in Excel
- Experience working with web analytics and A/B testing tools
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and willingness to take on new challenges
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment
We offer competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
REMOTE WORK FLEXIBILITY
Please note: for this role, we are only considering candidates located in Massachusetts.
Our team has choose-where-you-work flexibility that allows you to choose a predominantly remote, hybrid, or in-office setup at our office in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We’ll help each team member figure out the work set up that’s best for them, including WFH equipment or a dedicated desk space in our office. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our in-person work options will remain contingent on local safety guidelines and recommendations.
Most of our teams currently operate with a hybrid model, with some people working full- or part-time from the office, and some from home. We value and prioritize collaboration across mediums and spaces, and we invest in ensuring that meetings and other forms of collaboration are set up with equal access regardless of where you work.
OUR INTERVIEWING PHILOSOPHY
Our goal is to get to know you in a low-pressure, friendly environment — and to give you ample opportunity to learn more about us, too.
Our typical process includes these types of experiences:
- A resume screen and introductory phone/video chat
- A take-home exercise where you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your communication and problem-solving skills
- Additional conversations with your potential future team members, the hiring manager, and People Operations
We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, we’ll typically reach out via email within a couple weeks to start the conversation.
We will always do what we can to be flexible around your personal time commitments, deadlines, and general availability. We know that by joining our interview process, you’re trusting us with your time — so we’ll do our best to run a process for you that’s as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
YOUR INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE
If you’re worried that you’re not the perfect fit for a position, we want to let you in on a secret: we’re not looking for one perfect candidate. We’re looking to get to know a wide range of candidates with different backgrounds, experiences, and interests. If a position excites you, we encourage you to apply.
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected]. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
We strive to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.bookbub.com.
Follow us on social media