Big Cabal Media is looking to hire a Commercial Director who will be responsible for Identifying opportunities to expand business through high level partnerships, product development and new market expansion. This role will be supported by an able Head of Business Development, a sales team and talented content strategists and content producers. Yet overall responsibility for opening high level commercial opportunities and creating mid-long term commercial strategies across each business unit will reside with you.
What do you need to be considered successful?
In this C-Suite outward-facing role, you will be involved in partnership conversations, helping to grow our brand value and always looking for opportunities to drive commercial value. Flexibility and adaptability are key – you must be able to give them leg work and tango as required, they will trust you to do the following:
- Developing, managing and executing commercial strategies for the business
- Building relationships at high levels with major brands and agencies across Africa and Globally; creating sales opportunities and establishing mutually-beneficial long-term relationships
- Building a thorough understanding of our media platforms and solutions, and the ways in which they can be used to solve brand and business challenges for our clients and partners
- Deep diving into BCM insights and industry knowledge to build compelling data-driven content strategies
- Working closely with senior management to manage internal revenue expectations and forecast revenues
- Managing multiple cross-platform opportunities and projects on a strategic level.
- Innovating and creating at the speed of our fast-paced culture
How Important are you to the bottom line?
This is a high-energy job requiring persistent and persuasive interaction with C-suite decision makers, the ability to open new doors, close big deals and proven big ticket sales skills. The ability to work collaboratively with internal teams to manage and deliver on projects is essential. You will need the ability to think deeply and strategically about client business and a strong creative streak to come up with the right solutions to meet their needs.
The biggest problem solving duties on the job?
You will be focused on Global and Pan-African sales, beyond sales – establishing relationships with the Marketing teams is required. The ability to work collaboratively with internal teams to manage and deliver on projects is essential. This role will report to the CEO.
What you need to have done in your career?
- Over 5 years experience working in sales and marketing with at least 3 years driving high level commercial growth for Startups in Africa.
- Strong relationships with decision-makers at big brands, large corporations, foundations and more across Africa and beyond
- Strong revenue forecasting and business tracking skills
- A strong media and marketing background with deep brand, digital, social and content marketing expertise
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and bring them along on project deliverables
- A desire to work in a rapidly-growing and evolving start-up with driven culture
- Strong internal drive and the ability to motivate others
- Great relationship building and maintenance skills
- Strong emotional intelligence