CommandBar is a platform for helping software companies make their software easier to use.
How many times have you been frustrated by software? Maybe you didn’t know how to make the software do what you wanted. Maybe you had to wade through pages and pages of support documentation — or stay on hold with a chatbot — to figure something out. Or maybe the software you were using took 12 clicks to do something basic.
CommandBar makes any software product simpler, faster, and personalized. We do this by enabling product teams to embed a collection of widgets inside their products that can proactively guide users and react to what they seem interested in.
Today, CommandBar serves forward-thinking SaaS companies like Gusto, Hashicorp, Netlify, Freshworks, and AngelList.
Despite our scale, we’re a tiny team today that’s just beginning to grow, which means tons of opportunities to do trajectory-altering work. If you’re inspired to upgrade how humans use software, come join!
You’re probably really talented. Why should you take your talents to CommandBar? Here are reasons we think working with us is uniquely high impact — on the world and your career.
- Our ratio of impact on the world is high (and we intend to keep it that way).
- There is a lot of room to grow and lead teams (if you’re into that) as we scale. A lot of the roles that we are hiring for are the first in the function so you’ll need to bring 0 to 1 energy.
- The team we’ve assembled so far is world-class — talented, curious, kind, and obsessed with building delightful, fast, simple software.
The main reasons for joining CommandBar are belief in our product and the opportunities for growth described above. That said, our benefits are pretty sweet 🙂 Overall, we believe in benefits that respect individual choice and reflect the fact that optimizing your life outside of work leads to better performance at work.
The salary range for this role is $110,000 – $140,000.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible PTO with a 3 week minimum
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision insurance for you, and 50% for your dependents
- 12 weeks parental leave for all parents
- 401k with matching
- A learning and development budget
- A generous ‘Make Your Life Easier’ stipend
- A home office budget
- 3x/year all together including 2 onsites at our office in San Francisco and 1 offsite at a fun location!
Content marketing @ CommandBar
Our customers rely on CommandBar to deliver a reliable and delightful experience for their end users. As a content marketer at CommandBar, here are some of the things you’ll get to do:
- Design content marketing strategies that (1) tell our story and shape our brand, (2) create actually-useful content that will help product builders of all descriptions build delightful, useful software. That might be for the blog, social media, newsletters, or to support Account-based Marketing efforts. Examples include:
- Manage an editorial calendar, keeping a solid cadence and sticking to deadlines.
- Edit, proofread, and improve existing content, optimizing it for SEO.
What will help you succeed?
- Experience writing for the following audiences: product, product marketing, and customer success.
- An interest in product marketing as well as content marketing (we really like our product and enjoy talking about it)
- A high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Hands-on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics.
- An editorial mindset with an ability to understand and write compelling, actionable content for our core audiences.
- Experience working with Content Management systems like WordPress, Ghost, and Webflow.
- The ability to edit and create supporting imagery using a template or asset library in Figma or similar software is a plus.
Can I try out how CommandBar works?
You can see some examples of how CommandBar works here: https://www.commandbar.com/guides
What’s the interview process like?
First, you’ll complete an application and include some writing samples.
Next, we’ll ask you to complete a (paid) project that will involve some sample writing.
After that, we’ll schedule several interviews with multiple team members across the company.
Follow us on social media