This is a new role in a growing software (SaaS) and professional services company, headquartered in the US with offices around the world.
This role will report directly to the CEO and will work cross-functionally across the brand family, owning marketing strategy and marketing leadership for all brands.
The company has been steadily growing over the past 23 years and is now ready for a VP of Marketing to instill cohesion within the product family and to ensure robust expansion of new products and existing products into new markets.
Out of respect to current employees, this role is initially open confidentially.
Once selected, you will be given information about the company and the brand family.
The company provides multiple software solutions to HR professionals in the global mobility, global hiring, and global payroll space. We’re seeking a VP Marketing to:
- Develop cohesive, compelling positioning and messaging across multiple brands
- Create full-customer-lifecycle marketing strategies for each brand that align with the board’s strategic vision, and own implementation
- Build out marketing functions for each brand that are data-informed, numbers-driven, and systematic
- Provide leadership and develop a culture of accountability across all brands’ marketing functions
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The person in this role will collaborate closely with board members (especially the CEO), Sales leaders, and Client Services leaders across the brand family. The ideal candidate is a high-intermediate to senior marketing leader.
In the early days of this role, ownership of execution will be key. You’re a great fit if you’re a tactical strategist: someone who thinks high-level but is also a doer. Ideally you’re comfortable on the front lines, don’t mind rolling up your sleeves, and you can do the work really well.
Initially, your top priority will be making measurable headway in a short amount of time. To do so, your responsibilities may include things like…
- Getting meaningful tracking and reporting in place for each brand
- Establishing KPIs for each brand, aligning with the board on which KPIs are marketing-owned, and figuring out current performance benchmarks for each marketing-owned KPI
- Setting the short-term (e.g. 3-6 month) marketing strategy to figure out what is/isn’t working, and get foundational assets in place — such as…
- Building out some automated workflows with the Client Services team, to bring some of the help documentation further up the funnel through product-led content and improved onboarding campaigns
- Delivering a monthly newsletter or other repeatable, scalable project that nurtures leads
- Making sure the website for each brand is in good shape — clear, differentiated positioning & messaging, all key pages exist, SEO basics are in place, etc
Over time, your focus will shift. Once you’ve ensured that strong marketing functions for each brand are 1) in place, and 2) performing well, you’ll begin handing these functions off to skilled operators who’ll report to you as you build out the next-needed function.
Across each brand, these functions (from bottom- to top-of-funnel) might include:
- Product marketing
- Client upsell/cross-sell/expansion marketing
- Lead-to-client marketing (i.e. sales enablement, email nurture optimization)
- Website-visitor-to-lead marketing (i.e. website & conversion rate optimization)
- Awareness-level marketing (e.g. paid & organic digital channels, events, co-marketing partnerships with complementary brands, thought leadership content & guest appearances, etc)
With functions and operators in place, you’ll ultimately become responsible for leading the marketing vision & strategy at the highest level. You’ll manage the marketing budget, measure and report on marketing’s ROI to the board, and ensure that marketing across the brand family is consistent, high-performing, and in alignment with the board’s vision and goals.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- You have 7+ years experience in B2B SaaS and/or product marketing and thrive in a startup environment.
- You have 5+ years of marketing experience; You understand the power of brand, content and community, powered by customer insights.
- You have 2+ years experience managing a team.
- You’re ambitious; Self-motivated, resourceful, you know when to (and not to) do something yourself, and you understand the importance of fierce prioritization.
- You’re a strong writer or editor (superior proficiency in English a requirement).
- You have experience working with tools like Hubspot or similar sales/marketing platforms, and are comfortable things like data analysis, segmentation, and reporting.
- You have the flexibility to support teams that work US hours and UK hours.
- You have SaaS and/or marketing experience within both product-led/self-serve/low-touch environments, andwithin sales-led/higher-touch environments.
- You’ve read Forget The Funneland/or generally believe in taking a customer-led approach to your work.
- Location preference is Denver, but open to other locations for the right candidate.
- You have experience in the global mobility, global hiring, or global payroll space.
- You have experience marketing to HR professionals more generally.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Headquarters is located in Denver, Colorado with other major offices in London, Dallas, Lisbon and Manila. Being a company of 300+ employees around the world, we are a diverse group of international team members. We gather regularly and collaborate globally. We are close with our clients and passionate about client success. We care about our people, we want you to be comfortable, learn and grow, and we make it a priority to make sure that happens. We also have:
- A fun and friendly work environment with flexible hours
- Flexibility to work from home 3 days a week
- Flexible benefits (medical, dental, vision, café style options, etc)
- 401K with company matching
- Five weeks of vacation
- Work in a cool industrial style environment, very casual
Starting compensation $150K – $200K base plus bonus (based on skills and experience)
If you’re driven, want to make a major impact within a growing company and be part of building something new, we’d love to meet you.