Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world’s expertise.
Degreed is looking for a Sales Director to join our global enterprise sales team. This role is an individual contributor role and is responsible for managing all aspects of the sales cycle, from prospecting to closing new business for enterprise-level clients. This role reports to the VP, Sales, and will be required to work remotely in Brazil. Applicants must have and provide Degreed (prior to commencing work) with his/her/their authorisation to work in Brazil.
Day in the Life
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales quotas while executing sales strategies within assigned territory/region and generating accurate sales forecasts.
- Create and execute a strategic territory business plan.
- Manage all aspects of the sales cycle, including prospecting, qualifying opportunities, developing contacts, facilitating sales presentations, negotiations, and closing deals.
- Develop and manage pipeline activity, and monitor sales activities against assigned quota.
- Build long-lasting client and prospect relationships with C-Suite contacts, decision-makers, and stakeholders and develop account plans for new relationships.
- Effectively communicate Degreed’s value proposition and gain a complete understanding of clients’ business needs and objectives, as well as client-specific decision-making and purchasing process.
- Responsible for navigating through an enterprise organization to leverage cross-selling opportunities.
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies, and competitors.
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict other tasks as assigned and is subject to change at any time.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of outside enterprise software or SaaS sales experience.
- A proven sales hunter and closer.
- Experience selling to executive stakeholders (C-Level) within large/complex enterprise accounts.
- Ability to deliver client-centric and compelling sales pitches, use cases, and product demonstrations.
- Be able to work independently & as part of a team in a fast-paced, rapid change environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
What Sets You Apart
- Human Capital Technology, HRIS, LMS, or LXP experience
- Experience with Value Selling methodology
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Follow us on social media