Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world’s expertise.
We are seeking a Director of GTM Partnerships, North America to lead Degreed’s go-to-market partner programs and accelerate incremental revenue for Degreed and its partners in North America. The role, which reports to the Global VP of GTM Alliances, is responsible for building out, executing, and iterating on a scalable and sustainable GTM alliances strategy for the region, as well as successfully developing the ecosystem which includes consulting, learning services, and SI firms.
Key responsibilities include profiling and targeting prospects, executing mutually beneficial partnership arrangements, supporting the partner onboarding and enablement process, orchestrating partnership development activities, and establishing and driving joint annual performance goals and objectives. Success in this role is measured by the continuous development of a highly effective partner and alliance ecosystem; sourced revenue from alliance partners, and influenced pipeline development through alignment between the partner ecosystem and Degreed’s direct sales organization.
Day in the Life
- Partner with Global VP GTM Alliances and other regional sales leaders to design a GTM Alliances Business Plan for North America which would drive scalable and sustainable growth (including sourced, resold, and influenced revenue) via the Consulting/SI ecosystem
- Collaboratively work with internal stakeholders to identify and target consulting/SI firms to pursue for strategic partnership
- Establish and contract mutually beneficial value-based alliances
- Lead orchestration of critical partner management activities including onboarding, partner enablement, annual business planning, sales pipeline management, and business reviews
- Continuously assess metrics and outcomes to refine the strategy/direction and execution of the Degreed alliance program
- Serve as a trusted advisor and as a voice for the partner ecosystem.
- Regularly communicate value of initiatives, sales pipeline, and challenges/blockers to executive/leadership team.
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- Passionate about solving business challenges with a ‘win-win’ approach to partnerships
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including sales, consulting, channel and/or alliance partner management (Bonus if you have initiated and managed partnerships with major firms such as Accenture, BCG, Deloitte, KPMG, Mercer etc.)
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication (written, verbal, editing, and presentation) skills with ability to drive growth
- Easily motivate and inspire internal and external stakeholders
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to travel as required
What Sets You Apart
- Previous human capital technology, LMS, and/or learning content provider experience
- Deep sense of ownership and accountability
- High emotional intelligence and strong leadership
Total Rewards at Degreed
We believe your best work happens when you have a complete life balance, and Degreed gives you the support and flexibility to make that happen. Degreed is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides the support you need. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything)!
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Forma
*Degreed reserves the right to modify these benefits at any time, for any reason in accordance with applicable law. Please note the offerings vary based on location.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.