The SVP will shape and lead a team responsible for best-in-class sales enablement to help RealPage salespeople clearly articulate the RealPage value proposition and describe competitive differentiation. Ensure our product / solution messaging and go-to-market plans are aligned to customer needs, always integrating the voice of the customer. They will work across the marketing organization to ensure all external activations reflect the appropriate product / solution messaging and emphasis and generate awareness and preference for RealPage. This includes marketing activities such as lead generation campaigns, in person and digital events and media activity. This leader will help elevate the role of Product Marketing at RealPage through powerful messaging, best in class content, and a strategic go to market plan that drives growth for RealPage.
The ideal candidate is a proven Product Marketing leader with software experience, and experience building & scaling product marketing teams in a high growth, fast paced environment. The SVP will be a coach a player at the same time, ready to roll up the sleeves when needed whether to support their team, the broader marketing team or other teams within RealPage. They will create an environment where everyone is respected, good work is recognized and people can bring their full selves to work every day. The most successful candidate, in addition to product marketing experience, will have experience in the real estate industry.
- Design, build and lead the team of product marketing professionals at RealPage. Support the team in setting clear goals and key results. Ensure that those are communicated and visible across the company and progress is shared regularly.
- Working with Product Management, Sales and the CMO, own the creation and execution of the go-to-market plan for RealPage products and solutions
- Lead the competitive marketing strategy, including prioritizing competitive analyses to identify key RealPage business and technology advantages
- Work closely with the Product Management and Marketing Strategy teams to develop a keen understanding of each product portfolio, buyer personas / buying journeys, as well as flagship customers for each portfolio. Leverage this knowledge to identify new market opportunities, (white space, cross sells, etc). Work with the broader marketing organization and sales to pursue key opportunity spaces to drive growth.
- Drive the development of core marketing materials including master messaging documents, all web site messaging and deliverables, video demos and tutorials, field enablement tools, such as case studies, presentations, white papers, sales kits, field newsletters, Intranet sites, etc.
- Lead the creation of the whole spectrum of sales tools and collateral (PowerPoint presentations, datasheets, white papers, customer case studies, demos, and training materials) to communicate the value proposition of RealPage’s products, solutions and services to customers and partners.
- Work closely with Product Management, Strategy and Marketing Strategy to suggest and support the development of product innovations / new acquisition targets, with a focus on solutions that differentiate RealPage, fill a strategic gap and leverage RealPage strength
- Work with the CMO to define how product and solution launches are done at RealPage; create the launch plan to make the biggest impact in the market and achieve RealPage strategic and growth objectives
- Work with customer success team to identify robust customer use cases; enlist support from broader marketing team to develop use cases that provide quantifiable data to support value propositions
- Support the creation of a “brand playbook” to define how RP onboards new acquisitions to optimize both the employee experience and RP growth opportunities.
- Standardize processes, ways of working and product marketing templates to drive scale, consistency and best in class quality of all Product Marketing deliverables and plan.
- 15+ years product marketing experience, at least 5 years leading teams in the software space
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, MBA desirable
- Proven ability to create strongly differentiated product and solutions positioning and messaging
- Experience launching new products and working with demand gen teams to drive product demand
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Experience with packaging solutions and knowledge of its competitors and customers
- Demonstrated experience building credibility with and delivering results for product teams, sales teams and customers.
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation skills, and writing proficiency are mandatory, with a knack for presenting complex concepts in a simple and easy-to-understand manner
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage with and present to business leaders and sales communities with credibility
- Self-motivated, driven and passionate about winning
- Highly effective and compassionate people leader who articulates a clear, shared vision and inspires others to achieve it
- Ability to play an active role on a leadership team; must be able to discuss, debate and push back on the CMO and other senior leaders when necessary