Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is looking for a strategic leader to oversee our Ads Product Marketing team. This includes developing strategic perspectives on client needs, conducting competitive analysis, translating customer needs into specific features, working with the Ads Product team to prioritize highest impact work, and developing successful working relationships with the Ads Product and Sales teams to enable rapid deployment and adoption of new features.
Reddit’s Advertising Platform has evolved significantly over the last few years, with the launch of an auction, global client coverage across Large Customers to Mid-Market to SMB, and a full suite of solutions for clients. With such significant growth, we’re looking to bring in an Executive-level leader to run our Ads Product Marketing function to ensure we are developing the optimal set of advertising products, make our products successful, and help us grow our active advertisers and revenue globally.
This role will be focused on inbound Product Marketing and is responsible for helping Reddit build a world-class Ads Product Marketing function that guides our product development and ensures products are successful in the market. This person will oversee the hiring of product marketers who will work alongside key cross-functional partners on our Ads Product, Sales, Business Marketing, and Communications teams to position products and drive successful go-to-market plans. This VP role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer. The current ads product suite includes the full range of advertiser products and voice of the market including: marketplace, targeting, bidding, measurement, advertiser experience, API + partner ecosystem, and market research.
– Significantly grow overall advertising revenue and mix from outside US
– Significantly grow Monthly Active Advertisers using the platform
– Significantly increase # of API users and partners working with Reddit Advertising
– Rapid and wide adoption of Reddit advertising platform and tools
– Increase overall advertiser NPS and LTV
- Guide the overall Ads Product Marketing team and partner with Ads Product to build an industry-leading ads platform with parity to peers and Reddit unique differentiation
- Build capabilities and a team that can set strategy with Product, size and prioritize feature investments, and develop a go to market narrative and strategy with sales and product
- Provide a customer-centric and competitor perspective; synthesize qualitative and quantitative insights to guide product development, and drive Reddit’s end to end product value proposition to Large Customers, Mid-Market and SMBs (managed and unmanaged)
- Ensure a cohesive advertiser experience from lead generation, onboarding, ongoing bids, billing, budgets and measurement through APIs and Partners
- Set a high impact process and roadmap for product delivery and enablement that incorporated business seasonality, needs of different customers across different geographies, and sales ability to adopt
- Represent the voice of all customers across:
– All segments (Large, MM, SMB – managed and unmanaged)
– API and Other Partners, e.g.:
– Creative partners
- With the Ads Product team, drive the annual roadmap process and delivery across the full suite of advertiser products Work with Business Marketing team on outbound communication and activation
- On a quarterly basis, evaluate the prior quarter and collect feedback to update the strategy for the next quarter
- Share product updates to the company across the entire ads product roadmap
- 15+ years in large scale product development, marketing and strategy
- Knowledgeable about the digital advertising industry, SMB customer profile and the API ecosystem/developer community
– Understanding of the Reddit platform and private, direct auction based advertising platforms
– Experience building out and launching unmanaged SMB solutions and API solutions (incl. API-based products and services for advertising partners/businesses)
– Experience developing innovative product strategies for advertisers
– Track record influencing product roadmaps and developing scalable go-to-market strategies
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to drive results
– High bar for excellence for every release and for execution
– Ability to motivate and persuade groups of all sizes across teams
– Seasoned people leader with experience building out teams
- Enjoys getting into the technical and quantitative details
– Research and analytical skills to track KPIs and determine market trends
- Enjoys solving and answering ambiguous strategic questions quantitatively
– Analytical and quantitative expertise in “breadbox” value sizing and 80/20 prioritization of investments
- Exceptional communication skills, structured thinking and writing ability
– Exceptional presentation and storytelling skills
- Network of industry peers and clients that can enable informed understanding of all key customer segments.
- High comfort level trail blazing and exploring new ideas
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- 401k Matching
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Monthly Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
Follow us on social media