Our mission is to make world-class software security available to everyone. This means building program analysis tools that are open source, easy to use, powerful, and fast. It also means building a team with security expertise and a passion for great developer experiences. Most of all, it means working with honesty and respect in a diverse community of dreamers and builders. We’ve redefined static analysis tooling by committing to all of these, and turned our project, Semgrep, into an essential safeguard for code at Snowflake, Dropbox, and more.
About the role
We believe in creative and transparent marketing to communicate how we are building the future of software security. Even though hundreds of organizations use Semgrep, there are many more who haven’t heard of Semgrep. We will rely on your expertise to develop messaging for the Semgrep suite of products and share it with our target audience of security and development teams to expand our awareness and make them believe that Semgrep is the right security solution for them. You’ll work on launches, highlight unique aspects of Semgrep, enable sales, and serve as the bridge between marketing, product, and sales.
Our hope is you will be based out of our San Francisco or New York office, but for the right candidate, we’re willing to be flexible. Prior experience in a fast-paced, tech environment is helpful, but we are more interested in your problem solving skills than your pedigree. So if this opportunity excites you but you don’t meet the exact requirements, apply anyway!
What you’ll do:
- Develop technical educational content including webinars, product launch support materials, solution briefs, and how-to videos
- Partner with internal security and engineering teams to create and ship material that succinctly conveys the value of Semgrep products
- Turn objective competitive insights from a technical standpoint into clear, simple, and actionable advantages and takeaways for Semgrep’s go-to-market motion
- Enable our fast-growing sales team by identifying opportunities for and developing collateral/training
- Perform deep-dive competitive and technical analysis to enable marketing, sales engineering, and sales with key differentiated competitive insights
- Partner closely with product management to synthesize product launch and messaging feedback
- Work closely with the demand generation team to create a funnel of content
You are ideal for this role if you have:
- Prior experience in software development/computer science
- 2+ years of experience in a software go-to-market role in product marketing, developer advocacy, or product management
- A love for creating product-centric marketing programs and content that communicate the value of technical products different audiences
- Excellent communications skills that present technical concepts in an easy-to-understand manner through a variety of media
- Excellence in working cross-functionally with sales, pre-sales engineering, and product management teams
- Experience creating sales collateral based on sales and customer observations, user research, and competitive dynamics
- Technical aptitude to inform an excellent understanding of software development and security
- A rapid-iteration mindset that enables experimentation and adjustment depending on what works
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field and/or an MBA is nice to have, but not a requirement for this role
- Salary Range: $150,000 – $170,000 USD
- Our compensation package includes equity and benefits in addition to salary.
- Please note that the range listed is for someone based in the SF Bay Area. If you are located elsewhere, we adjust salaries based on location.
What we offer
Our goal is to competitively and fairly compensate every employee with a system that equally rewards those who are vocal and those who are less comfortable making demands during the final steps of the hiring process. To that end, we generate internal compensation bands that are used when discussing and negotiating salaries. We update these based on market data to make sure they’re above the average for comparable roles.
We also invest in our employees’ well-being and long term success with comprehensive health plans, generous vacation time, learning stipends, and more. Our benefits are for everyone, so that you’re taken care of, and we work with individuals to make sure they have what they need, whether that’s quiet work space, adjusted hours, or any other accommodation.
Who we are
We have people from France and the Philippines, physics and philosophy, formal methods research and full fledged corporations. We’re new parents and new grads, aspiring authors and adrenaline addicts, dog lovers and dogfooders. We get together often to bike, bake, and meet up in parks. In our interactions, we believe respect and honesty go hand in hand, and prioritize both.
Semgrep is an equal-opportunity employer seeking a diverse range of backgrounds. We value who you are — including your cultural heritage, your socioeconomic status, your age, your race, your gender, your sexual orientation, your disabilities. We value what’s vitally important to you — your family, your religion, your politics. We value what you love in this world — your music, your weekend pursuits. We believe in welcoming varied professional backgrounds, educations, and interests. If you’re exceptional in your role, believe in Semgrep’s mission, and treat Semgrep’s values as your own, you belong here.
You will need working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English. We work as a hybrid on-site / remote organization. Semgrep primarily works in the Pacific, Eastern, and Central EU time zones.