86 Repairs is improving a largely overlooked and painful restaurant industry problem: fixing broken equipment. While other areas in the restaurant technology space have gotten new apps and innovative solutions (think: online ordering, ghost kitchens, point-of-sale), the repair and maintenance space has gone untouched. We’re changing that. Our name comes from the commonly used ‘Eighty-Six that’ in restaurants. At 86, we’re committed to taking repairs and maintenance off the plates of restaurant owners, operators, and frontline staff.
86 is a tight-knit group of thoughtful, ambitious, and creative folks with diverse backgrounds, working together across a dozen states and 4 countries. We have industry veterans and non-industry folks alike. We are a fully distributed, remote workforce and we will never require team members to work in a traditional office. We believe the strength of our team goes beyond the walls of a cubicle. We gather biannually for team events that include delicious meals at our customers’ restaurants.
We’re looking for sharp people who want to contribute new perspectives to our community and help us grow. We value folks who are comfortable with rapid change and are excited to build a company with us. We don’t have it all figured out, so we need team members who thrive on new challenges.
It Takes All Kinds…
The only way to build a great company is by hiring talented people with diverse backgrounds and rich life experiences. Those experiences contribute to our culture and help us find creative solutions to the tough problems we’re solving. Because of this, 86 is committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and background in everything we do.
Historically, women and people of color are hesitant to apply for a role unless they meet every qualification listed in the job description. If you are from an underrepresented background and are uncertain if you’re a fit, please apply. We’d rather have one more resume to review than miss the chance to meet an amazing talent.
Our Marketing Team
86 Repairs has grown almost 200% year-over-year, from 2021-to-2022, and our marketing team is a revenue-generating machine. Our Marketing team currently has three specialists: Brand, Demand, and Content. This role would be the fourth full-time team member, reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, and would have the opportunity to work collaboratively across our brand and demand marketing and RevOps teams.
Our dream candidate:
- You want to create the best inbound lead experience for prospects
- You love and live in the details
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and love finding a message that lands
- You understand the importance of clean data
- You aren’t afraid to push process (and people to follow it!)
- You are energized by being an expert on a specific scope of work
- You think in systems and know what data is useful and when
- You love a test – experimenting and evaluating your results excites you
- You want to be part of a collaborative team but value your autonomy and ability to work independently
- Nurture our inbound lead experience through sales qualified status
- Write sales enablement messaging for email and paid marketing channels by ICP, pain point, and customer segment
- Create email marketing campaigns that don’t just get sent to spam
- Build multi-channel campaigns in sales enablement tool (Groove) to convert MQLs into SQLs
- Build, maintain, and communicate exception reports to senior sales and marketing management
- Support Senior Demand Generation Manager in maintaining Hubspot and Salesforce integration
- Partner with Senior Brand Marketing Manager to ensure messaging is consistent, concise, and accurate
- Ensure all inbound marketing leads have a complete data profile to meet MQL parameters
- Be the point of contact on inbound form submissions and marketing inbox
- Create and manage inbound lead lists, making recommendations on go-forward engagement strategies
- 3-5 years of marketing experience in a BDR/SDR role, demand generation associate role, or email marketing experience
- Highly proficient CRM user (Salesforce preferred)
- Is a boss at marketing automation tools (Hubspot) and/or sales enablement tools (Groove)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Independent learner who is curious about marketing and sales trends
- Self-starter that is able to identify and solve problems on their own
- Proven success in setting up tests and measuring results
We do not require
- A college degree or high GPA
- Tools: we’ll provide you with your computer, monitor, and everything you need
- Startup or tech experience (an aptitude for fast-paced, tech work is enough)
- Commutes: we’re fully remote; travel is dependent on your role.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Range aligned with the Chicago market regardless of your home state
- Health, dental, vision insurance (most covered at 100%)
- Flex spending account for family and childcare
- 401(k) plan with 3% matching
- Unlimited PTO with generous bereavement and sick policies
- “Check Please” dining benefit: the company pays for you to eat at our customers’ restaurants once a quarter (up to $400 per year!)
- Mental Health reimbursement fund (up to $100 per year per person)
- Paid family leave for those starting a family, regardless of gender
- Equity in the company for every role
Follow us on social media