Are you a skilled wordsmith looking for your next challenge? Do you enjoy owning projects from start to finish and thrive in a collaborative environment? We are looking for an experienced Content Writer to take on exciting marketing and branding challenges as part of our global marketing team.
Over the past twelve years, ACT has supported its clients and partners on their sustainability journeys. We have seen the energy transition become the energy revolution. As we are at the forefront of this change, we need to have creative and compelling marketing to match. We want our marketing strategies, content, and branding to reflect our thought leadership – this is where you could come in.
We are ACT
ACT is the world’s leading provider of market-based sustainability solutions. Working at the center of the global energy transition, ACT helps organizations hit their climate action targets, no matter how ambitious. Since 2009, ACT has become a trusted brand in high-impact climate projects, renewable energy markets, energy efficiency, renewable fuels, and carbon credits. ACT delivers tailor-made solutions from offices in Amsterdam, New York, Singapore, Shanghai, and Paris, enabling its partners to join the environmental revolution and pursue more sustainable futures.
The Content Writer’s role
As a content writer, you will join our growing global marketing team based in our Amsterdam headquarters. You will be responsible for supporting the brand and all marketing activities via clean, creative, and compelling writing. In this role, you will collaborate with the team to produce materials such as web/UX copy, pitch decks, blog articles, interviews, case studies, white papers, product brochures, proposals for private enterprises and government agencies, and much more. The focus of this role will be slightly more geared towards long-form writing.
Writing and editing content, as well as contributing to content strategy, form a big part of the job, but there is also an important research component. As ACT works in environment commodities – which are highly-regulated, constantly changing, and subject to the Paris Agreement, Science Based Targets initiative, and other advisory organizations – you will support the marketing team as a subject matter expert. This does not mean you will have to be able to calculate the methane emissions of a factory, but you will commit to following important trends and researching enough to fact check articles and other copy.
- Write and edit engaging, informed, and polished copy to support ACT’s marketing efforts.
- Write and edit client-facing copy, including web/UX copy, blog articles, product brochures and descriptions, pitch decks, high-value proposals, white papers, social media posts, and more.
- Contribute to broader strategy discussions, while constantly improving brand guidelines, tone of voice rules, and more.
- Support internal communications efforts with internal updates, recruitment ads, and job vacancies.
- Analyze the success of content alongside the marketing team.
- Deliver consistent quality based on ACT standards and guidelines, while also working to improve those benchmarks.
What we are looking for
- 4-8 years of experience as a professional content writer/copywriter.
- Native level of English (or C2, with proven professional writing experience). All content is written in US English.
- Experience producing content from scratch, as well as sourcing and translating briefs and input from internal/external stakeholders.
- Interest in topics such as sustainability, environmental sciences, renewable energy, climate action, and environmental policy.
- The ability to process complex industry information and find compelling marketing stories.
- Strong communication skills and the independent drive to ask questions and source information and input from very busy peers.
What we offer + the ACT experience
You will work with an intrepid and creative international marketing team at ACT’s Amsterdam headquarters. Our offices take up two floors of the new Atrium complex in Amsterdam Zuid. Along with competitive salary and bonus packages, we offer development and growth opportunities via the ACT Academy platform. Our work environment is fast-paced, collaborative, supportively competitive, and overall friendly. We want to see one another succeed, and we support one another every chance we get.
Please note this is not a remote position.
To apply, please send us your CV, a short motivation letter, and examples of your work/your portfolio. The interview process will involve a business case assignment.
To apply for this job please visit careers.actcommodities.com.