Postmark (by ActiveCampaign) is a product-led team that strives to accelerate our growth by creating delightful brand experiences across the entire customer journey. We believe in creative and transparent marketing to communicate how we take the headache out of API and SMTP-based email delivery so that our customers can focus on their business.
Even though thousands of organizations use Postmark, there are many more who haven’t heard of us yet. This is an exciting opportunity to join our 2-person marketing team as we refine our GTM strategy and introduce Sales for our next phase of growth. We’re looking for a Demand Generation Marketing Manager who can be equally strategic and tactical to increase awareness, create demand, and drive revenue for our already-beloved brand. You’ll experiment with new and exciting ways to grow our top of funnel via inbound and outbound campaigns while developing pipeline for Postmark AEs to close.
The right candidate is entrepreneurial with a passion for creating integrated campaigns that drive engagement and conversions. This position reports to the Head of Marketing for Postmark and involves collaborating with sales, customer success/support, design, and product.
What this role isn’t: We’re not currently looking for paid media, ad, or lead capture/generation experts without full-funnel integrated campaign experience (although experience with paid media that resonates with a technical audience would be great).
What your day could consist of:
- Research, create, and manage multi-channel organic and paid demand generation programs—including but not limited to content marketing, partnerships (channel, co-marketing, referral/affiliate), webinars, events, videos, sponsorships, ads, social media, and more
- Draft compelling content for landing pages, social assets, and other deliverables as necessary to support the execution of your campaigns
- Observe the support queue or listen to sales/customer calls to learn product use cases, observe industry trends, and identify campaign themes
- Collaborate with peers in marketing and developer relations to incorporate distribution strategy for content and product launches into demand generation campaigns
- Partner with growth marketing and sales to identify target audiences/accounts, incorporate intent data into our GTM strategy, build our lifecycle marketing and nurture programs, and design/execute our first-ever systems for lead capture and passthrough
- Owning TOFU metrics like high-intent traffic, brand mentions, newsletter subscribers, and inbound/outbound leads
- Monitor, measure, and analyze campaign performance, then implement self-identified areas for improvement
What is needed:
- 5+ years of demand generation or integrated campaign management experience
- Familiar with marketing API-based and/or infrastructure products
- Experience creating campaigns that resonate with technical audiences (developers, product owners, technical leadership). You understand an audience that is skeptical of sales and marketing, and know how to reach them and earn their trust
- Track record of consistent experimentation, collaboration, on-time delivery, and measurable impact
- Comfort with campaign analysis, measurement, reporting, and revenue impact
- Strong project management skills with superb attention to detail—if you ship a campaign with a broken link it will temporarily ruin your day (but you’ll learn from the mistake!)
- Excellent written (including copywriting and proofreading) and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with how to drive self-serve opportunities alongside higher-touch (sales) opportunities
- Understanding of email technology and authentication topics like SMTP, SPF, DKIM, and DMARC is a plus
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 185,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 850+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 185,000 today to millions. We have been ranked in Best Places to Work on Built In Chicago in 2023, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation)
- Open paid time off
- Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
- Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
- Access to life coaches via Modern Health
- Cool swag
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.