The Agrology team is looking for an Account Executive to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a successful sales strategy, identifying potential customers and business opportunities, generating new business, and managing leads through the entire sales pipeline, including closing. You will work closely with the sales team to ensure that our company’s sales goals are met.
We are looking for someone who has excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a proven track record of success in sales in the climate tech/ESG space, or a closely related field. If you are a self-motivated, self-directed individual with a passion for sales, climate action, regenerative agriculture and have relevant experience, we encourage you to apply.
Agrology is an early-stage climate-tech/ag-tech company on a mission to advance equality in agriculture, reduce environmental impact and secure our global food supply in a time of intensifying climate change. Today, our founding mission means more to us than ever.
Agrology helps farmers adapt and fight back against climate change in two key ways:
1) Predictive insights get farmers ahead of climate change threats like heat waves, droughts, and wildfires and
2) impact quantification and monitoring for regenerative agriculture to empower farmers to improve soil health, make their farms more resilient to climate change threats, and create high-quality, data-backed agricultural carbon credits from their soil carbon sequestration.
We value the balance of self-driven motivation and playful collaboration. At Agrology, everyone gets their hands dirty. No matter your role, enjoy the perks of spending time out in the fresh air meeting farmers and installing equipment, in addition to job specific duties. All Agrology employees work from home and travel as needed depending on the role. We trust and empower our team members to get their work done on a schedule that works for them and their managers.
About our ideal candidate
- You are passionate about mastering and driving a complex sales process.
- You have experience in the development of successful sales strategies and implementing these strategies to drive growth.
- You have the ability to leverage pre-existing contacts and connections within the carbon/agricultural sustainability/corporate ESG space to quickly and significantly ramp revenue and sales.
- You understand and have experience with the agriculture and the agricultural supply chain
- You are excited by the prospect of utilizing ground-truth sensors to measure the impact of regenerative agriculture, and “cleaning up” the carbon space with ground-truth measurement solutions
- You have experience in weaving multi-stakeholder collaborations, partnerships and coalitions. Our company’s success depends in part on the creation of a regenerative supply chain, and this requires a multi-stakeholder approach to value creation
- You aren’t above any aspect of the sales process – from CRM management to identifying and hunting down leads, to contracting and administration
- You have experience in the challenger sales model, content creation, thought leadership, and are an excellent presenter and communicator of complex ideas and topics
- You are a fast learner who leans in with curiosity, creativity, courage, and determination
- You thrive in fast-paced, quickly changing environments
- You are tolerant and open-minded to others who may have differing viewpoints, and are open to receiving feedback
- You are a team player and genuinely love collaboration and teamwork
- You want to be pivotal to building a culture, and growing a team where every person loves coming to work, feels valued, and has critical input into seeing the business succeed
About the role
Your role will encompass the following key areas:
- Identify potential customers and generate new business opportunities for the company
- Contact and qualify potential customers
- Set appointments, follow up on leads, and lead demos of our systems
- Manage deals through the entire sales process and meet sales closure goals in a timely manner
- Lead the contracting process, and ensure a smooth hand-off to our customer success team
- Track progress towards meeting and revenue sales goals
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop sales strategies, processes and systems for reaching sales targets. Ability to find areas of opportunity, and continuously improve these strategies, processes, and systems
- Use our customer relationship management (CRM) software to manage leads and sales activities
- Stay up-to-date on market trends, competition, and industry developments
- Attend networking events and tradeshows to build relationships and generate leads
- Provide regular reports on sales activities and results to management
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in sales within climate tech, carbon markets, agricultural sustainability, and/or corporate ESG programs
- Experience in qualifying sales leads, bringing prospects into the sales funnel through outbound and inbound prospecting, and leveraging the Challenger Sales Model to move leads through the sales process to closing in a quick and efficient manner
- Experience in a high-growth environment, ability to work within a team and also independently with minimal supervision
- Experience driving revenue growth, creating sales processes and structures, and building a sales funnel
- Experience in content creation and thought leadership in the sustainability space is a bonus
- A network of contacts in the sustainability space, ESG, or carbon markets
- Proficiency in customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with potential clients
- Practiced knowledge of effective sales techniques, processes, and strategies
- Strong creative deal making, negotiation, and contracting skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create new building blocks, tools, and repeatable processes for others to follow
- Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture or science related-field an asset
Location & Travel
- Location: Fully Remote, but ideally in SF Bay Area, Northern CA.
- Travel to team events (<10%)
- Desired Commitment: Full-time
- Employee Type: US citizen
Perks and Benefits
- Compensation: Base salary range + equity compensation
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision
- PTO: Unlimited sick days (including mental health), unlimited vacation, 10 Federal Holidays
- WFH equipment allowance
Agrology provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.