Are you very data-driven? Can you create logical dataflows from different systems? Are you a real techy? Do you have a knack for providing the data insights that will help people make the best decisions? Can you juggle multiple dashboards and make sense of what source the info should come from? Then we are looking for you! AIHR is looking for a tech-savvy Business Data Analyst. Join us and become the first full-time data analyst in one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe.
Founded in 2016 with the mission to future-proof HR, the Academy to Innovate HR (AIHR) has become the world’s market leader in online training for human resources professionals. We have a global customer base spread across 140+ countries, amongst which companies like Unilever, Reckitt, Goldman Sachs, Philips, Deloitte, Nike, Heineken, and UBS. It is our goal to continuously educate 100,000 HR Professionals by the year 2025.
We are an international team of 70+ people, driven by excellence, innovation, and a hunger to grow in everything we do. As such, we strive to provide the world’s best courses and excellent support to our customers while continuously optimizing every aspect of our work. With over 25 nationalities, our team is international, yet we all share a few traits: we’re friendly, enthusiastic, and great team players.
Being a fast-growing company, working at AIHR means taking on a lot of responsibility while at the same getting countless opportunities to develop yourself in new areas and craft your own role.
Role and Responsibilities
As our first Business Data Analyst, you will manage all the different data streams that are running in AIHR. We already have a mature tech stack, and you will be in charge of creating business insights from different data sources. You will analyze member on-site behavior, target
audiences, e-commerce conversion as well as B2B sales data. This will help us improve marketing and sales performance and reduce costs. Connecting with key stakeholders is what you do best. You will be part of the RevOps (Revenue Operations) team and have a crucial position in the company. A lot of data-driven business decisions will be made based on your insights. Your impact will steer the company in the right direction to further maintain our ambitious growth.
On a typical day
On a typical Monday morning, you start the day by preparing the RevOps daily standup. Although your manager finds it important that you disconnect during the weekend, you already gave the week planning some thought, and after coming in around 9:00, you give it a few final touches. You got some new requests for a new tool that is being implemented this week, and you wonder if it meets your criteria.
After the weekly standup with the RevOps team, you review one of the product dashboards that display learner progression data. Learners who finish the program are stuck at 90%, and you’re trying to find a way to fix this. One way to solve this would be by fixing the data flow to these dashboards. The Google Appscript that is running seems faulty, and you would like a nice new dashboard for the correct data. After a quick lunch in the office, prepared by our in-house chef, you reach out to the Systems Operations Manager because some workflows do not store the data correctly. You work together on a plan to fix the process and the tooling.
During the week, you plan several meetings with stakeholders across the company. Currently, you are in charge of creating a data warehouse, so all the data streams have only one source of truth. Later that day, Leonard, your direct manager, checks in to confirm that the bonus payout for sales is correct. You check the data, confirm that the method is correct, and make a mental note on how to make the data more intuitive the next time you will update the G-Sheet in which it is displayed. You have Wednesday blocked to work on a complex analysis for the marketing team. They would like to know what characteristics the best-performing MQLs have so that they can improve their targeting and generate more and better-converting MQLs. For this analysis, you need to combine data from different datasets, and you’re planning to focus around identifying specific lead sources, team sizes, and geographical locations.
Tomorrow, you’ll work on a report for the company’s board for Nando, one of the two founders. At the end of the day, there is the monthly business update (MBU). During the MBU, the leadership team presents last month’s results to the rest of the company. Afterward, everyone gathers for a drink, and you get to know the new colleagues who recently joined. Although we all work hard to make the company grow, we like to relax and enjoy our joint success.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone with analytical thinking and a problem-solving mindset. Furthermore, someone with excellent interpersonal and consultative skills, who can identify the needs of the stakeholders, gather requirements and translate them into user stories valuable for your team.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 2-5 years of experience in a Data Analyst role;
- Has strong data analytics skills in SQL, MS Excel, and Power BI;
- Is detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy;
- Is data-driven. Data tells a story, and you use it to experiment, adjust, come up with ideas and bring them to life;
- Is a true communicator. Someone who builds relationships and trust easily with all tech and non-tech stakeholders and is able to ask the right questions;
- Is native or fluent in English;
- Has a solid understanding of networks, databases, and other technology;
- Has experience performing costs benefit analysis;
- Knowledge of Python is a plus;
- Is able to work from our office in Rotterdam for faster onboarding and coordination.
- A key role in shaping the education of tens of thousands of Human Resource professionals from all over the world through our courses;
- Competitive compensation;
- The opportunity to shape your own day-to-day work;
- Flexible working hours & working from home arrangements;
- A high degree of autonomy in a vibrant, result-driven, inclusive, and international team;
- A key role in a fast-growing scale-up company;
- A beautiful office right across Rotterdam Central Station (Milleniumtower);
- 26 paid holidays per year;
- Pension scheme;
- Access to OpenUp mental health support platform;
- Personal development budget, training, and we pay for the books you read!
- All public transport expenses covered (NS Business Card);
- MacBook + all other equipment you need to do your work;
- Daily lunch prepared by a chef, weekly drinks, monthly dinners, and fun team activities;
- Free access to the Marriott hotel gym.
Apply for the job
Are you excited to become our Business Data Analyst? Then we’d love to hear from you! We are looking to hire for this role as soon as we find an eligible candidate.
P.S. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women tend to only apply when they meet 100% of them. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point above, please still apply. We’d love to consider you and see if you could be a great fit.