Play a pivotal role in growing Akute from the early days! Help us grow from mostly inbound to a consistent outbound strategy and grow our funnel 10x.
This role would include clearly defining our ICPs and finding the proper channels for each ICP. How to best utilize underutilized channels such as referrals, community, conferences, deal listings, partners, webinars, etc. As the first growth marketing hire, you’ll be expected to wear many hats and take over this function within Akute. Meaning not only would you be able to own and build out a brand new growth function at a growing startup, but you could shape it and hire roles within this division over time.
The most exciting parts.
- Huge impact. By touching all parts of the marketing function, you will have an impact on how Akute grows, where customers find Akute, and the outbound strategy employed.
- Path to future goals. Whether you want to stay with Akute and grow to be an exec, or you want to start your own company, this experience will put you directly on that career path!
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing startup. As such an early employee, your equity will be significant and provide you with meaningful wealth when we reach scale.
- Solve a real problem. Your involvement will help push American healthcare in a direction that is actually sustainable, available to more people, more transparent, and results in better outcomes. This is not about 5% process improvements. It’s about wholesale disruption.
About this role ℹ️
Remote – U.S. only
Full-time. However, we are open to contract work initially with the intent to convert to full-time if both sides are happy.
We are looking for someone entrepreneurial. You’ll be among our first hires on this exciting journey and will have the opportunity to take on significant projects, own large parts of the marketing funnel, and grow together with Akute.
Here’s how to tell if you’ll be a good fit for this job.
- 2-5 years startup experience
- B2B saas experience
- Experience in execution with growth/demand gen activities
- You get excited about helping solve some of the healthcare challenges in America
- You are able to wear many hats, interpret what our is said about Akute’s strengths, build a strategy to reach each ICP, and A/B experiment reaching those customers through different channels & methods
- You’re an excellent written and spoken communicator
- You’re able to work autonomously, without much structure, and still deliver great data-driven results on time
- Background at a healthcare startup
- Some front end html/css experience (allows you to make small changes to our marketing website and be able to test different messaging)
- You like learning new things quickly
- You have worked at early-stage startups before and know the common issues we face and how to solve them
Why you might want to work with us
- We’re small (4 full time), so there are no layers of bureaucracy to work through. You can have a huge impact here.
- We rarely have meetings.
- You can work remotely, as long as you can work during typical workday hours.
- You’ll have a front-row seat at an early-stage, YC-backed, fast-growing company. If you hope to start your own company someday, this will be good preparation.
Why this role may not be a great fit for you
- You need structure to perform at your best. While we will be building some structure, this is far from your typical 9-5 corporate job.
- You don’t like making decisions.
- You can only work 40 hours a week. Let’s be real. We are not at that stage yet. We are not going to overwork you or burn you out, but there is a lot of work to do. Our customers are depending on us to deliver on the value we have promised and companies that are not customers yet hate their existing systems. We can offer them a better way.
- Two things are simultaneously true:
- We are growing quickly and customers mostly love our product.
- Lots of things are suboptimal or broken. Classic startup stuff 🤷
You will be compensated well when considering the mix between salary and equity.
Estimate: $50k – $60k salary + 0.5% – 0.75% equity
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit?
To apply for this job please visit akutehealth.notion.site.