Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding – valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names – Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is looking for an experienced partner marketing leader to help us grow our revenue with ISVs (Independent Software Vendors), including Snowflake, Databricks, AWS, technology alliance partners, global system integrators (GSIs), and regional channel partners. You will create the marketing strategy to accelerate the adoption and sales of Alation products to, with, and through the partner ecosystem. The role will involve deepening go-to-market relationships with our key ISV, GSI, and channel partners while creating joint messaging and programs to drive demand for Alation’s products.
This role requires experience with working with ISV partners, especially in enterprise software and, ideally, in the data analytics market. Experience working with regional channel partners, such as regional and global systems integrators, is a big plus. The right candidate will have a strong balance of relationship-building skills, joint positioning/messaging, strategic planning, content creation, and go-to-market planning and execution. The ability to advocate for both Alation and our partners is critical, as are the diplomatic skills that come from working with various companies, personalities, and geographies. While reporting to the VP of Product Marketing, you will drive cross-functional collaboration and consensus between marketing, the partner team, product, and direct sales.
This is a full-time position, ideally based in the San Francisco Bay Area, but remote locations will be considered. The role will include a moderate amount of travel (up to 25%).
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Alation Alliances and go-to-market teams to build strong executive relationships with ISV partners, create the “better together” messaging, drive the creation of joint annual marketing programs and goals with strategic partners to drive adoption, and build a partner-sourced and influenced pipeline.
- Co-own the Alation Partner Program with alliances and channel leadership, optimizing the program to align the requirements and benefits of the program with desired business outcomes across the partner ecosystem.
- Lead the joint solution value prop and content creation of ISV-led marketing programs, aligned with Alation marketing initiatives and teams (e.g. digital marketing, case studies, events, and webinars/workshops), including messaging and public speaking.
- Drive the creation, implementation, and analysis of tech alliance partner marketing plans, content, and campaign effectiveness, modify strategy based on performance, and clearly communicate results to stakeholders. Collaborate as a key stakeholder in QBRs.
- Work closely with the Alation revenue marketing, operations, and communications teams to align and execute the marketing strategy.
- Drive the creation of Alation sales plays for specific tech alliance partners, working closely with the alliances and sales teams.
- Collaborate with the broader Alation marketing team to prioritize the creation of repeatable campaigns that regional integrators can use to promote their offerings with Alation (tied to the joint tech alliance sales plays.)
- Grow our brand awareness and accelerate internal enablement inside our ISV partners.
- Work with partners and Alation Corporate Communications to deliver joint customer use cases, awards, and competency achievements
What you need:
- 8+ years of partner marketing and/or product marketing experience with team management experience.
- 5+ years of experience leading teams in product or partner marketing.
- Have the ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment with external partners and internal stakeholders.
- Can set and drive the strategic direction of the Partner Marketing function through aligned planning and smart and targeted tactics.
- Are adept at building and maintaining strong relationships, working in tandem with the Alation alliances team.
- Strong organizational and management skills: Can implement cross-company and cross-team processes, project management, and measure/report on performance.
- Have orchestrated successful joint marketing programs across partner and internal teams.
- Able to influence stakeholders to affect desired results. Thoughtful approach from planning to monitoring.
- Are comfortable with SFDC and other key marketing and partner relationship management (PRM) tools.
- Have a solid understanding of the data, business intelligence, and analytics space including key players, the information lifecycle, and the role data intelligence plays.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
$175,000 – $230,000 a year
The base salary range is specific to the United States. The salary of the final candidate selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to internal equity, experience, education, work location, specialty, and training. If the final candidate has a different level of experience, the base salary target range may be lower or higher than what is published.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds – from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
- and much, much more!