Alcion is a well-funded startup working on deep technical problems in data management, software infrastructure, and SaaS. We are building beautiful products that have been designed to be very easy to use and deliver an “aha” moment to new users quickly but also have meaningful depth in their functionality.
We are seeking a highly skilled technical content marketing writer to join our startup team in the backup as a service vertical with exceptional writing and editing skills, a passion for technology, and experience developing a wide range of written content, including white papers, eBooks, case studies, emails, and more. The Technical Marketing Content Writer will collaborate across multiple teams, including Marketing, Engineering, and Product Management, to develop materials that effectively engage prospects and help move them through the buyer’s journey.
About The Role
This role’s primary responsibilities are content-based. You will work with the Head of Growth Marketing to:
- Create technical content for our company’s website, blog, social media, and other digital channels
- Assist with conducting research and creating technical whitepapers, case studies, product datasheets, and other marketing collateral that will highlight our company’s product
- Work with the marketing and product teams to develop and execute go-to-market content that will promote our products and services
- Execute on the content calendar that aligns with our marketing objectives and brand messaging
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including marketing, product management, and engineering to ensure technical accuracy and consistency of content
- Stay up to date with industry trends, best practices, SEO, and emerging technologies to identify new opportunities for content creation and distribution
This role will require you to:
- Be independent and autonomous with demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Be biased toward action
- 3+ years of experience in technical content marketing; preferably to DevOps community
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling technical content that resonates with target audiences
- Experience in SEO and content optimization
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
It would be really nice if you have:
- Knowledge of marketing automation tools, such as HubSpot.
- Experience with developing omnichannel digital content strategies.
- Experience with the Microsoft ecosystem and/or experience with Backup technology.
- Experience with developing and editing video content.
- Portfolio of diverse content types such as blogs, white papers, reports, video content, etc.
Alcion is a distributed, remote-only team and currently spans multiple time zones. We try to work as asynchronously as possible but we do have many ways for the entire team to engage socially including regular virtual events (e.g., bookclubs, virtual coffee chats, game “nights”) and in-person offsites.
We care a lot about culture and teamwork and we have documented what this means for you. Check out our company and engineering culture decks at alcion.ai to get a sense of what we value and reward.
We will start with a review of your portfolio and/or previous writing samples. Upon successful review, you will 30-minute Zoom call with The Head of Growth Marketing. Assuming there’s a mutual fit, an offer will be made at this point. The offer process is straightforward and can be completed quickly (within a day or two if needed).
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not tolerate discrimination in any form on the basis on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Follow us on social media