Do you want to contribute to an organization dedicated to improving societal health? Would you like to collaborate with colleagues who are passionate about making a difference? Are you excited to work in a new state-of-the-art building designed to encourage movement, participation, and employee health?
Then you want to work for APTA!
APTA is the trusted leader for the physical therapy profession, representing more than 100,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy students. Our approximately 150 employees support the association’s mission to build a community that advances the profession of physical therapy to improve the health of society. Learn more in our Association Profile.
Located in Alexandria, Virginia, APTA has outstanding employee benefits, including flexible work schedules, generous retirement contributions, and travel subsidies for employees who choose public and active transportation.
As a member of the Member Experience team, this position will implement efforts to support organizational priorities and activities within the Marketing and Member Development department; will support unit efforts with a focus on departmental contributions to systems and data strategy, membership strategy, scientific strategy, education and certification strategy, and business strategy for the Association; will participate and support efforts for appointed and member volunteer groups and APTA leadership ; will support preparation of compliance requirements and documents and seeks out opportunities for continuous quality improvement in department activities. You will be an effective champion of the Association vision, mission, and brand.
- Develop marketing plans.
- Write and edit marketing copy.
- Manage marketing campaigns.
- Provide ongoing analysis of marketing campaigns.
- Perform quarterly audit of all marketing communications.
- Support the Member Development Specialist with executing annual marketing campaigns.
- Implement work plans related to respective activities of the Marketing and Member Development department which align with organizational priorities and the Association’s systems and data strategy, membership strategy, scientific strategy, education and certification strategy, and business strategy.
- Prepare and complete required departmental compliance forms as outlined below including ensuring required information is accurate for timely submission of all required form.
- Contribute to and implement recommendations on advancing operations within the department to gain efficiencies, and grow revenue, if applicable.
- Contribute to quality assurance and continuous quality/performance improvement in department activities, including supporting department director, and unit leader in annual assessments of respective budget activities.
- Support the Member Experience team in the implementation of the Association’s programs, priorities, and projects in partnership with department director and staff colleagues.
- Prepare, in consultation with the director, department level data which supports and aligns with the APTA data strategy.
- Upholds and fosters team values.
- Complies with all APTA policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to foster achievement of association priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree, required, or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years of experience, preferably in association membership marketing or marketing agency role.
- Ability to plan, implement, track, and analyze marketing and member development initiatives across platforms.
- Eye for detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Writing and copy-editing experience preferred.
- Experience communicating effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Experience producing reports, charts, graphs, and other visuals that help tell a story.
- Data analytics
0 – 10% – local, National
How To Apply
Principals only; no agencies; no phone calls, please. Candidates selected to participate in an interview will be contacted by Human Resources.
The American Physical Therapy Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
APTA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please visit e-verify.uscis.gov.
APTA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and invites and welcomes applicants with diversity of experience, mindset, and skills to add value to APTA and our staff community.
Follow us on social media