Amplitude is a leading digital analytics platform. More than 1,800 customers, including Atlassian, Chick-fil-A, Marks & Spencer, NBCUniversal, PayPal, Shopify, and Under Armour rely on Amplitude to gain self-service visibility into the entire customer journey. With Amplitude, teams can understand what product features are working, where users are getting stuck, and what actions lead to the right outcomes. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s Customer Success team is responsible for driving adoption and long-term value realization for Amplitude’s customers through structured as well as ad-hoc engagement to ultimately sustain our industry-leading customer satisfaction scores and retention rates. The team partners cross-functionally with every part of the company (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales etc.) to advocate for our customers and ensure a high-quality experience through their lifecycle as an Amplitude customer.
As VP for EMEA Customer Success team, you will own the customer success strategy, the professional services output, the overall execution for the EMEA business, and contribute significantly to both regional and global customer growth strategy. You will report to the Global Chief Customer Officer and will be responsible for driving your teams to meet the overall adoption, impact, and success goals set by leadership for the EMEA business.
As VP, EMEA Customer Success you will:
- Be responsible for the EMEA CS vision, strategy, goals, and implementation and execution.
- Directly manage a team of regional discipline leaders across the entire customer life cycle (Pro Serve, CSM, Support, Learning Services, Education & SIs).
- Operationalize the EMEA customer engagement process (systems, metrics, engagement cadence) to help the business scale well beyond $100M in ARR
- Leverage your team to deploy programs and playbook that strengthen Amplitude adoption within accounts
- Participate in strategic planning including segmentation, territory and capacity planning
- Build relationships with key customer stakeholders to strengthen the Amplitude partnership and value proposition
- Partner with Global Customer Success counterparts to drive consistent best practices and operational excellence across regions
- Uphold Amplitude’s cultural values and operating principles
- Work with cross-functional leaders (Sales, Product, Marketing, Operations, Finance, etc) to drive success for our customers through key interlocks & Customer feedback loops
- Identify and amplify regional customer trends, successes, and challenges to the customer success leadership team and present a point of view on how to innovate how we deliver success and services
- Identify and amplify risk themes to reduce churn events and increase renewal rates
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference programs
You’ll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- 12-15 years of post sales customer life cycle experience.
- 8+ years of direct management experience and a track record of achieving results and building high-performing teams
- A deep understanding of the customer journey and what success means in multi segment SaaS
Ability to conceptualize, launch & operationalize processes to manage customer risk and growth
- Strong leadership, management, communication (verbal, written, and communication), business development, and interpersonal skills
- A customer-focused mindset and passion for our customers’ success with the ability to balance the needs of the customer with those of the business
- Expertise partnering with Sales to surface expansion opportunities to drive NDR
- Desire to build a balanced and inclusive organization with a culture of accountability
- The ability to motivate and inspire others through storytelling
- Ability to excel in a high-growth company that requires rapid iteration and constant evolution to support our ambitions
- Experience in product analytics, marketing analytics or data platforms a plus
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with health benefits, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a generous parental leave, a subscription to Modern Health, and a generous Learning & Development stipend.
The Product: Amplitude is a digital analytics platform – we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and ultimately grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- G2: #1 product analytics solution and #3 best software product
- Business Insider: A top tech company to bet your career on
- Fast Company: #3 most innovative enterprise company in the world
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Vancouver, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Singapore, and employees around the world.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Follow us on social media