Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world’s largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
Apollo.io is looking for its first Director of Marketing Operations to join our centralized Revenue Operations team. Reporting directly to the SVP of Revenue Operations & Partnerships, this role will directly influence strategy and efficiency by leading the creation and improvement of marketing systems and processes and rituals to enable our go-to-market team as we continue to scale our business. You’ll drive high-impact, new campaign initiatives and planning efforts to ensure rigorous execution and collaborate with stakeholders to build world class strategy and process to support our marketing team, including demand gen, content, field, brand and community.
- Performance Optimization: Continuously enhance performance, processes, and analytics to boost both ROI and customer satisfaction.
- Marketing Measurement:Design, develop, and implement measurement methodologies for various inbound and outbound marketing strategies, utilizing a wide range of online and multi-media channels targeting B2B consumers.
- Leadership and Execution:Act as a player-coach, personally conducting reporting and work while also managing a small team of Marketing Operations/Performance Marketing professionals to set priorities, allocate resources, and develop cross-team strategies for technology governance, forecasting/analytics, and digital marketing investment.
- Performance Marketing Support:Provide advice and support for performance marketing initiatives, ensuring a best-in-class digital marketing strategy.
- Collaborate with agency, global demand generation and field teams, and corporate/website operations to establish clear lead journeys for all audience segments.
- Database Optimization:Assist with and provide insights into database optimization, including data acquisition, list segmentation, and data cleanliness and integrity within CRM and Marketing Automation databases.
- Analytics Delivery:Continuously provide marketing and sales with insights for better alignment, forecasting, and decision-making.
- Educate Marketing and Sales teams on the demand generation and early funnel processes and tools that enhance seller productivity.
- Marketing Technology Infrastructure:Own the marketing technology infrastructure, collaborating with IT, Revenue Operations, and other functions as needed.
- Manage projects, implement, govern, and innovate the roadmap for Marketing Automation Platforms (MAP) and its tech stack counterparts.
- Marketing Data Management:Own and manage marketing data and align with relevant corporate data initiatives.
- Marketing Process Leadership:Lead marketing processes in collaboration with affected marketing and sales functions, including Lead Scoring, Buyer’s Journey, Lead Waterfall metrics, Lead Routing, and reporting.
- Cross-Functional Support:Design, support, and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the organization, enabling smooth and successful execution of product campaigns and efforts, including sales, revenue operations, and product marketing.
- 7+ years of experience overseeing Marketing Operations within a PLG (Product-Led Growth) environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations, marketing, or other quantitative fields is preferred.
- Track record of successfully implementing and operationalizing marketing strategies at scale.
- Strong familiarity with marketing systems and tools, HubSpot experience preferred.
- Prior experience managing high-velocity, 0-1 projects and leading cross-functional teams.
- Able to build great systems, processes, and ways of working: Ability to solve complex business problems, think from first principles, and build scalable processes.
- Excellent communication skills to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations.
- Highly collaborative and strong team player with high EQ: Ability to build trust quickly, high degree of empathy, and expertise at managing senior, cross-functional relationships. Experience working closely with functional leaders to solve challenging business problems; credibly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership.
- Strong product intuition and understanding of a variety of SaaS product verticals and markets with broad strategic business knowledge
- Strong first principles thinker and someone who is able to drive efficient and rigorous analysis, research and insight generation, and building hypotheses and an action plan.
- Bias towards action and Ownership mentality: Someone who exhibits a strong results-oriented ownership mentality and owns both successes and failures/learnings in past experiences. Strong bias towards action and experimentation and ability to exhibit good judgment in ambiguous situations with imperfect data. We want someone in this role who is a “learn it all” as opposed to a “know it all”.
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!