The Arbinger Institute was founded in 1979 to help individuals, teams, and organizations radically transform by shifting from the default self-focus of an inward mindset to the results-focus of an outward mindset. Through training, coaching, consulting, and a suite of implementation tools, we enable organizations and their people to achieve results that are only possible with an outward mindset.
Our programs and methodology are based on 50 years of research in the psychology of human behavior and motivation, and more than 40 years of experience working with organizations worldwide in the corporate, healthcare, education, government, public safety, and nonprofit sectors.
Arbinger has been named a Top Workplace by the Salt Lake Tribune for three years running (2020-22) and is a 2022 recipient of the HIRE Vets Medallion Award for our commitment to hire, develop, and retain our United States veterans.
Client Success Managers ensure clients realize the full impact of Arbinger courses and services. Client Success Managers are our clients’ key strategists, consultants, and problem-solvers. The role supports the Arbinger Institute’s sales strategy by creating positive relationships, solving client challenges, and increasing revenue.
CSMs work within a Practice Area Pod, supporting clients in a specific industry vertical (for example, Corporate or Government). CSMs work with a team of Account Executives, Marketing Managers, Client Success Administrators, and a Managing Director to guide client adoption, expansion, and implementation.
Client Success Managers are supported by and report to the Director of Client Success.
We expect this role to hold these responsibilities:
You grow adoption and revenue by achieving quarterly targets.
- Agree and achieve gross target profits each quarter.
- Create and manage quotes, contracts, and opportunities.
- Manage active client relationships, including timelines, the status of services, and contact information.
You help clients understand and realize the impact of Arbinger courses and services.
- Monitor and understand client health throughout the (client) lifecycle by establishing and owning a Client Success Plan.
- Serve as an expert on the client to make informed recommendations about services, solutions, and strategies.
- Consult and coach clients on talent and HR strategy and demonstrate how Arbinger aligns with client objectives.
You help clients solve problems with Arbinger courses and services.
- Create and maintain a trusted relationship with leaders, key contacts, and individual contributors through regular communication, helpful consultations, and solving people problems.
- Support client launches, workshop facilitation, facilitator development, and employee adoption.
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities to client implementation plans.
You are accountable for your growth and contribute to the growth of your team.
- Contribute to, lead, and create helpful materials and processes for the Client Success Team and (your) Practice Area.
- Contribute to marketing content (blog posts, speeches, etc.) and client success stories.
- Complete an assigned onboarding and continuing education program.
- Identify and share best practices, helpful ideas, and useful tools.
Client Success Managers possess and utilize a variety of skills, including:
- Leadership skills
- Client service orientation
- Strategic consulting
- Project management
- Relationship management
Client Success Managers are familiar with and use:
- A customer relationship management tool (such as Salesforce).
- Sales Engagement & Automation software (such as Outreach).
- Presentation software (PowerPoint, Google Slides, etc.).
- Project Management Software (Asana, Trello, Basecamp, etc.)
- Collaboration tools (Miro, Mural, Figma Jam, etc.)
- Call Recording Software (such as Chorus or Gong).
We value a variety of experiences and abilities. If you have some or all of the following abilities, please apply:
- Comfortable and confident inspiring clients to do something different.
- A curious and consultative brain.
- Prescriptive, confident, and credible when building relationships with key clients.
- Experience as the main point of contact for clients.
- Strong experience jumping between client needs while connecting the dots between solutions, ideas, and implementation.
- Able to articulate complex or disparate ideas as simple steps/instructions.
- Ability to use previous experiences as an analogy for complex or unfamiliar ideas.
- Experience consulting or managing clients in a solution that requires end-user behavior change.
- Past experience building deep relationships with clients, stakeholders, and client teams.
- Able to experiment and iterate on client solutions.
- Facilitation and presentation skills with experience presenting to large audiences.
- Past experience in training, consulting, coaching, or facilitation is highly valued.
It is Arbinger’s policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Arbinger’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition, Arbinger will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans, and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Arbinger is pleased to provide such assistance. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Follow us on social media