The Arbinger Institute was founded in 1979 by Dr. C. Terry Warner, the scholar who solved the central problem at the heart of the human sciences: the problem of self-deception. That work revealed two distinct mindsets from which people and organizations operate—a self-focused inward mindset and an others-inclusive outward mindset—and the path to sustainably changing mindset and achieving results. We help individuals, teams, and organizations move from the default self-focus of an inward mindset to the results-focus of an outward mindset. Through training, coaching, consulting, and a suite of implementation tools, we enable organizations and their people to achieve results that are only possible with an outward mindset.
Our programs and methodology are based on 50 years of research in the psychology of human behavior and motivation, and more than 40 years of experience working with organizations worldwide in the corporate, healthcare, education, government, public safety, and nonprofit sectors. We’re achieving high growth goals and are looking for your help to build on this momentum.
Arbinger has been named a Top Workplace by the Salt Lake Tribune for three years running (2020-22) and is a 2022 recipient of the HIRE Vets Medallion Award for our commitment to hire, develop, and retain our United States veterans.
We’re looking to hire an innovative field marketer who will play a key role in generating awareness and demand, accelerating pipeline, and executing account-based marketing tactics within a team environment. This role will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of field marketing and event management — from ideation to execution — including promotion, writing and leveraging content, program development, and production.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in the State & Local Government and a passion for creating excellent experiences through content, events, and targeted campaigns. You’ll build relationships with prospects and accounts in conjunction with sales and marketing in the State & Local Government practice to help generate the pipeline needed to achieve our revenue targets. You love data and use it to drive decisions about the planning, targeting, and execution of campaigns.
What you’ll do:
- Define marketing plans tailored for State and Local Government audiences to create/accelerate opportunities, build executive relationships, and impact revenue growth
- Develop and deliver high-touch marketing programs that generate quality pipeline, move prospects through the sales cycle, and build relationships with customers
- Align all State and Public marketing activities to support Managing Directors, and POD team’s sales goals and revenue targets
- Support the Managing Directors on strategy and planning of event programs such as trade shows, meetups, workshops, exec dinners, webinars etc. that match their ideal customer profile [ICP fit]
- Oversee all aspects of virtual and in-person experiences and events, including logistics, budgeting, vendor and partner management, content development, webinar management and work with sales to drive strategy around the event
- Develop pre-and post-show communication and ABM plan and write copy as needed for nurture campaigns and sales/marketing outreach
- Travel to select locations to provide onsite support to sales for events
- Create, execute, monitor, report, and follow up on programs to generate a targeted number of inquiries, opportunities, and pipeline
- Work cross-functionally with BDRs, sales, product marketing, customer success, and many others in aggregating data to build dashboards for the measurement of all events
- Work with Marketing and Rev Ops teams to manage measurement of every field-run program and its impact through SFDC reporting, evaluate event/campaign ROI, present recommendations for improvement, and ensure department consistency in reporting
- Maintain KPI and ROI reporting and dashboards for review across all events in conjunction with the Marketing/Rev Ops teams
- Project manages all Field Marketing events in Asana and works with team members to ensure timely delivery of required campaign materials
- Manage and maintain invoicing process and accounting for events to ensure consistent tracking across all regions
- Work with a team to help build out and budget for our books, content, and swag inventory: design, selection, and project manage the process of distribution for field marketing, corporate, and sales events
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in ABM and Event experience
- Working knowledge of State and local government, University Healthcare systems, Higher education, K-12, Public Safety, and First Responders. And can translate this knowledge into a cohesive marketing plan that delivers quality pipeline.
- Experience with SFDC, Pardot, ABM platforms such as 6sense or DemandBase
- Self-motivated, able to work autonomously and communicate with remote teams
- Strong copywriting and storytelling skills
- Attention to detail and desire to push the boundaries vs maintain status quo
- Strong project management/organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple initiatives at once and deliver on deadlines
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate across multiple departments
- Results-oriented with experience using qualitative and quantitative metrics with a focus on revenue, conversion, sales, and other marketing goals
It is Arbinger’s policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Arbinger’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition, Arbinger will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans, and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Arbinger is pleased to provide such assistance. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.