1 big thing: Axios HQ is an AI-powered SaaS solution that helps organizations of all sizes plan, write, and send essential comms that boost trust, transparency, and alignment. Learn more about Axios HQ:
- $20M Series A co-led by Glade Brook and Greycroft
- Read customer reviews on G2
- Visit AxiosHQ.com
- 2023 State of Essential Workplace Communications
Why it matters: This executive role will shape our go-to-market strategy in addition to evolving our marketing capabilities to drive continued growth in our business from $10 to $100M in ARR.
Go deeper: This leader will oversee our marketing team of seven, determining strategy and prioritization across marketing disciplines. They will:
- Develop a strategy to scale our successful inbound funnel to meet the next phase of business needs
- Drive optimization through our paid channels in partnership with our agency partners
- Build on the incredible success of our content and events team to build our site into scalable long term organic traffic source (SEO)
- Optimize lead nurturing strategy to find shorter and more impactful ways to move contacts through their own buying journey through content, email, re-targeting and more
- Build from our early success in customer marketing to develop an operation that can support our Account Management team’s commercial efforts and create more engaged customers
- Expand our product marketing practice to drive awareness and adoption of the product
- Grow Axios HQ into a leading brand authority on communications via our best-selling Smart Brevity book and our AI-powered SaaS platform
- Partnering with our Sales team closely to drive MQLs (marketing qualified leads) and SQLs (sales qualified leads)
- Work to deeply understand the key drivers of our go-to-market strategy to identify areas of excellence and focus for improvement
- Lead and mentor our growing and talented marketing team
- Effectively communicate the performance of marketing to executive stakeholders including development of regular reporting
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios HQ’s mission and values – raise the bar, stay curious, be inclusive, always, and champion each other – and have the following skills/experience:
- Strong leadership skills, with experience building and managing a high performing marketing team in a fast-paced environment.
- Brings a wealth of marketing and growth experience with a track record of building and scaling high-performing B2B customer acquisition machines from the ground up.
- Deep understanding of funnel optimization, with the ability to run analytically-rigorous experiments and make objective data-driven decisions.
- Ability to translate high-level strategy with hands-on execution when necessary.
- Proficiency with marketing automation, sales CRMs (Hubspot preferred) and SEO.
- Grow Axios HQ into a leading brand authority on communications, the best selling Smart Brevity book is a great head start
- Axios HQ believes in fair and equitable pay. Annual compensation for this role is in the range of $225-$250k and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills.
- Health insurance (options include 100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
- One mental health day per quarter
- Monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios HQ is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios HQ makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.