We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager to lead our US Marketing team and help us on our mission to continue growing exponentially.
At Babbel, we believe that everyone should have the chance to learn a new language. Our products are available worldwide across multiple platforms and support those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Millions of users are benefiting from 9,000+ hours of language content created by Babbel’s team of in-house language experts. Our professionally-designed courses are available for 14 languages via the Babbel website as well as on mobile devices, podcasts, and in live virtual classes through our new Babbel Live product.
Babbel has just been named a 2023 “Most Innovative Company” by Fast Company and has been recognized on the GSV EdTech 150 list for multiple years. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based and virtual-class language learning. More than 750 team members from 70 countries share in Babbel’s purpose of creating mutual understanding through language.
Babbel is headquartered in Berlin and has an office in New York City, where this position is based.
About the Role:
Our momentum in North America kicked off last year, with our US team tripling in headcount while exceeding revenue goals by delivering a best-in class solution to an age-old problem. Now, we’re continuing to expand our business offering across the Americas as part of our global international growth strategy to create mutual understanding through language across the world.
There’s never been a better time to our team at Babbel for Business — the international market leader in digital language learning programs.
We are seeking a highly experienced and strategic Senior Marketing Manager to join our fast-growing US team. You will play a crucial role in planning, implementing and optimizing our growth marketing strategy for the Americas region. Additionally you will be responsible for leading three fantastic marketing individuals across field, content, and performance marketing. We are looking for a leader with at least 5+ years of B2B marketing experience and at least 2+ years of leadership experience and proven results of exceeding targets. The role would report to our Director of B2B, Americas and would be based in New York, with close collaboration with our Berlin-based marketing team.
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans to drive customer acquisition, retention and revenue growth in the Americas market, in close collaboration with sales leadership
- Manage and mentor a team of marketers (across performance, field and content marketing) and promote a positive and professional team environment that fosters trust, integrity, and superior performance standards
- Plan the yearly and monthly budget for our US marketing channels in cooperation with the field and performance marketing managers
- Leverage and localize inbound/outbound and online/offline programs with our marketing team, including third parties, partners and sponsors
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate performance metrics to drive process and strategy improvements, owning all marketing KPI’s and making data driven recommendations for optimization.
- Collaborate and work with cross-functional teams including the global marketing team, customer success and product to localize all marketing activities..
- Oversee the creation and production of local content production, including video, webinars, blog posts, whitepapers, case studies across all channels.
- Leverage the foundational marketing processes currently in place — including lead generation, CRM nurture automations, content, decks, and collateral — to optimize, iterate, and fine-tune them for future needs
- 5+ years experience in B2B marketing and ability to orchestrate across many channels
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience, managing at least 3 direct reports
- Proven track record of exceeding lead generation, revenue growth targets and other agreed KPIs in both online and offline marketing
- A creative and innovative mindset; a go-getter attitude to take initiative and collaborate well with others
- A solution-oriented and team-driven outlook and are invested in both personal and professional development of your direct reports
- Target-driven mentality and a fearless approach to your work
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong understanding of inbound and outbound processes including campaign planning, execution and conversion metrics
- Experience planning and managing marketing budgets and overseeing campaigns from digital to in-person events
- Expertise in Hubspot (required)
- Experience with account-based marketing (ABM)
- Experience with 6sense, salesloft, and other martech stack a plus
- Interest in language-learning required; multilingualism is a plus
- Working at an international start-up with a strong sense of mission
- Bonus eligible and generous 401K matching
- Responsibility from day one; you can make an impact!
- Strong skill and career development
- 20 PTO days every year with additional tenure-based days after 2 years
- Flexible and hybrid work environment, with 2 days/week required in office
Salary Range: $140,000/yr – $155,000/yr, bonus eligible and generous 401K matching
Babbel is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this job please visit www.babbeljobs.com.