Beam (formally Edquity) is an anti-poverty technology company that helps institutions and governments administer various cash assistance and benefits programs quickly, equitably, and effectively. Beam simplifies program administration so that everyone—case managers, funders, and applicants—can thrive. Beam works with over 40 postsecondary institutions and multiple local governments and has administered over $200M in funding since 2020.
Beam is a Series A stage, venture-backed company and has received support from many of the leading impact and postsecondary success investors, and has also received non-dilutive support from foundations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Beam is hiring a Senior Account Executive to help scale Beam’s sales in the SLED (state/local and education) markets. This position is foundational and ultimately responsible for growing Beam’s middle- and bottom-of-funnel sales initiatives. The ideal candidate will have domain expertise, the ability to foster new relationships with municipal, county, and/or state governments, and an understanding of government sales/procurement cycles, especially for SaaS technologies.
The successful candidate will have a client solution-focused approach and the capability to develop a deep understanding of prospective accounts and the government market, relevant policy environment, and competitor products and activities.
The Senior Account Executive will ideally possess 7+ years of sales or business development in roles working with the government, government relations, policy, or the public sector. The successful candidate will have a proven record of success in prospecting, identifying new client opportunities, solving prospect challenges, securing new accounts, and exceeding sales quotas. Established relationships with government customers is considered a major asset. This role will report directly to the VP, Sales.
Sales and Business Development:
- Develop a pipeline of new business contacts and opportunities with SLED markets and maintain regular progress reviews.
- Manage all aspects of the sales process from early discovery, proposal, closing, and negotiation.
- Create and execute a territory plan strategies for shortening the sales cycle, optimizing pricing, and maximizing revenue.
- Assist in crafting RFPs and RFP responses as needed.
- Develop an understanding of Beam’s solution offering and perform demonstrations and value propositions.
- Complete stakeholder mapping and prospect research that involves the development of relationships at a senior level within government partnerships.
- Participate in ongoing conversations with relevant Beam stakeholders to strategize for and develop diversified recurring revenue opportunities.
- At least 5 years of experience in a sales and account management, preferably in SLED markets
- Confidence and comfort with prospecting and lead management as a part of daily/weekly work
- An understanding of and passion for our product and the problems it works to solve
- An understanding of the government and/or education space – specifically where our product can be used to facilitate aid.
- Track record of professional and effective verbal and written communication with customers
- Strong organizational skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with the ability to embrace change and show good judgment
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been benchmarked in relation to the scope of the role, market rate, company stage, and internal equity. The base salary for this role will be between $90,000 – $115,000. Where a candidate falls within the band is determined by skillset, experience level, and geographic location. In addition, this role includes a on target earning commission structure. Furthermore, this role will come with a total compensation package that includes equity shares and competitive benefits. Some of our benefits include:
- Fully remote workforce
- Fully paid health insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Unlimited PTO, Sick and Mental Health Benefits
- 11 paid company holidays
- 401k with a 4% match
- Generous parental leave
- Annual Professional Development Stipend
- One-time Home Office Setup Stipend
- Equity in Beam
- Many more!
Beam provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit beam.breezy.hr.
Follow us on social media