What’s Bench? Visit Bench’s latest news to see what’s happening, and read what our customers have to say. You can also check us out in Medium, on our LinkedIn page, our Instagram, and our Life at Bench Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench is founded on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
About the role:
Our Manager, Inbound Sales will be responsible for leading and managing our sales team, developing sales strategies, and achieving revenue targets. This is a key leadership role that requires strong interpersonal skills, a deep understanding of the tech industry, and the ability to drive sales performance to new heights. 🚀
What you’ll get up to:
Team Leadership and Performance Management:
- Lead and manage a high-performing sales team to consistently exceed Bench revenue targets.
- Provide leadership support to Team Leaders and guide a team of Inbound Sales representatives, fostering a collaborative and growth-oriented environment.
- Collaborate with the Director to develop a team of leaders, continuously pushing for elevated performance standards within their teams.
- Actively contribute to refining and challenging Bench’s Inbound Sales Strategy, experimenting with approaches to enhance conversion rates and increase revenue from inbound leads.
Team Engagement and Adaptability:
- Energize and motivate a large, remotely located team in a dynamic and rapidly changing high-performance environment.
- Oversee capacity planning for the Inbound Sales Team in collaboration with various internal partners across the business.
- Bring your awesome energy to the office for at least three days per week, creating the perfect stage for sales team synergy and engagement.
- Coordinate with other go-to-market teams such as Marketing, Client Success, and Business Development to maintain a cohesive feedback loop between Sales and the broader organization.
- Actively contribute to and execute ongoing capacity planning initiatives for the Inbound Sales Team.
Revenue Growth Strategies & Data-Driven Insights:
- Drive revenue growth through effective upselling and cross-selling of products and services, exploring innovative approaches to maximize customer value.
- Develop deep insights into leads and clients to inform product, marketing, sales, and service operations teams, aiming to enhance value delivery, improve conversion rates, and increase revenue.
- Analyze and interpret key metrics and KPIs to gain insights into sales performance, providing valuable data-driven recommendations for revenue-related initiatives.
What you’ll need:
- Have at least 4 years of sales leadership experience. You have a passion for sales and have the track record to prove it. You have experienced the highs and lows of sales and know how to manage yourself and a team through them.
- Strong leadership and team management skills. You should be energized by people leadership.
- You are constantly thinking of how to coach and upskill your people, and how to build energy and focus on the team to achieve ever-greater performance.
- Have the startup hustle. You have a strong bias for action. You are highly motivated and comfortable with change and ambiguity. You are also a team-player ready to pitch-in wherever you are needed most.
- Have an activated curiosity and openness to being an equitable and inclusive leader. Our commitment to anti-racism and anti- discrimination as a company excites you.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation abilities.
- Deep understanding of technology products and services.
- Ability to analyze data and make data-driven decisions.
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Proficiency in CRM software and other sales tools.
What you’ll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. On target earnings are $103,440 to $129,300 with a component of these earnings made up of variable pay.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid flex days, stock options, and full health, dental, and vision.
- You’ll get access to Inkblot Therapy’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP) that offers counseling and support, for you and family members, as well as professional development coaching, financial advice, legal advice and much more.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups – groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- As this is a hybrid opportunity, you will have the opportunity to work in our downtown office location 2-3 days a week and from home the rest of the time!
- You’ll also have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably when you are at home, from day one.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work from somewhere other than your home province for up to 90 days in a 12-month period.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we’ll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.