Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Sales Development Representative with a love for selling and a tenacious and methodical approach to prospecting.
- Create a fantastic first impression with prospects and customers while building pipeline for Account Executives
- Follow up and qualify inbound requests and MQLs, via the telephone and email, for scientific fit
- Organize, categorize, and prioritize sales leads in Salesforce and measure lead conversion and performance against quota
- Leverage prospecting tools to research companies and identify key decision makers at new accounts
- Develop customized pitches for different target accounts and personas
- Work with Account Executives to drive outbound prospecting activities, including cold calling, emailing, and communicating our value proposition to decision makers
- Work with the field marketing and sales teams to drive attendance at Benchling field events such as executive dinners and happy hours
- Staff tradeshows and follow-up on leads collected at the Benchling booth
- Undergraduate degree in life sciences required (e.g. molecular biology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry), Postgraduate welcomed
- Recent graduate or 1-2 years of internship / work experience in a Sales Development Representative, Business Development Representative function. Alternatively, strong interest in SDR role with some prior life sciences experience
- Passionate about Benchling’s mission and the acceleration of life sciences research
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and cold call
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Persistent, self-motivated, and willing to go beyond strict job responsibilities
- Driven to meet/exceed goals with a proven history of consistent high achievement
- Gritty and resourceful
- Methodical and disciplined work ethic
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location. For this role the base salary is $55,000. However, because this role is eligible to participate in Benchling’s commission plan, it is common for employees in this role to receive total on-target earnings of $80,000.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous PTO
- Company-wide Summer & Winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.