Betterment is a leading, technology-driven financial services company that offers investing and retirement solutions for retail investors and investment advisors as well as financial wellness solutions, including a 401(k) for small and medium-sized businesses. Our team is passionate about our mission: making people’s lives better. We’re headquartered in NYC, and offer hybrid NY-based (three days/ week in-office) and select, non-NY-based remote positions.
About the role
Betterment at Work is looking to bring on an experienced Business Systems Manager, excited to help build our sales tooling to enable growth at scale.
As the Betterment at Work Business Systems Manager, you’ll report to the Head of Revenue Operations and serve as the primary point of contact for all tools-related projects with a heavy focus on our CRM. Tooling, data and enablement are essential for the success of our quickly scaling business; therefore we are looking for a proactive individual that can help us manage a roadmap of projects, continually seek to improve our platform, gather requirements, and design scalable best practice solutions.
We are looking for someone who can quickly understand our current tooling setup and help update the system architecture to more closely support our current business needs. In this role you would be expected to lead change management and governance, as well as communicate, prioritize, and manage all aspects of tooling projects. The ideal candidate will effectively liaise with stakeholders at all levels, with the ability to translate technical information into layman’s terms, clearly explaining design options and their potential impact.
The Business Systems Manager will also be responsible for managing a Salesforce Administrator.
This role is based out of our NYC office. Below we’ve reflected the base salary range we would offer for this position. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Betterment’s total compensation package for employees.
- New York City: $135,000 – $155,000
We offer a competitive equity package, health, dental and vision benefits, and a 401(k) offering with employer match as well as flexible PTO policy. This job is eligible for variable compensation in the form of a discretionary company incentive bonus.
A day in the life
- Own the sales tooling roadmap and define priorities, liaising with key stakeholders.
- Identify and gather requirements and translate into best practices, with a focus on exceptional user experience.
- Partner closely with Sales, Implementation, Operations, Product, Marketing, Data Engineering and Finance teams to create cohesiveness across systems and reporting.
- Perform analysis of business sales process, provide recommendation and actions based on the strategic objectives and rollout new processes.
- Direct, lead and motivate a team with focus on productivity and meeting deadlines.
- Oversee all aspects of the company’s Salesforce implementation to ensure the platform is used effectively and correctly.
- Improve Salesforce data quality and ensure data is correctly syncing between systems.
- Identify unused or underutilized platform fields or features and deprecate as needed to maintain data hygiene.
- Manage and enhance current integrations and continue to develop new tech stack as necessary.
- Enablement of basic triggers/Apex code.
- Manage all aspects of user and license management including new user setup/deactivation, roles, profiles, permissions, public groups, and organization wide default.
- Coordinate with technical teams to successfully prioritize and execute roadmap requirements, as needed.
What we’re looking for
- Resourceful program manager with ability to manage varied and complex projects / initiatives.
- Experience managing a technical team with focus on maximizing productivity.
- At least 5+ years of Salesforce Administration hands-on experience with Sales Cloud. Salesforce Certification is a plus.
- Additional Salesforce certifications e.g., Advanced Administrator, Platform App Builder a plus.
- Experience in the above stated Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Experience admining/configuring tools that integrate with Salesforce including: Hubspot, Outreach, Gong, document-signing software, Compensation software, Sales Navigator and Zapier
What being at Betterment means for you
We change lives
Join a community of innovators working to transform financial outcomes for real people. Your work will make an impact, always laddering up to our mission: making people’s lives better.
We set audacious goals
We set them for the company, our customers, and ourselves—and we won’t stop until we reach them. We don’t just show up; we give our all, then celebrate our wins.
We value all perspectives
When we collaborate, we’re at our best. We believe diverse perspectives lead to better outcomes and strive to uphold our supportive and inclusive community.
We invest in you with:
- A competitive suite of benefits, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance; STD and LTD benefits, including infertility support and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits; and generous parental leave.
- Flexible paid time off (and encouragement to use it!)
- Meaningful opportunity for community building through our 6 Employee Resource Groups
- Empowerment to own and lead change and affect the business
- Dedicated professional development opportunities
- Complimentary financial advice from our team of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERS™️
- Lunch from our in-house chef three days a week at our NYC headquarters
What happens next
We’ll take a few weeks to review all applications. If we’d like to spend more time with you, we’ll reach out to arrange next steps, which will include 3-4 sets of meetings with your future colleagues.
In the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our questions will be aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. Depending on the role, we may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, as we want to collect a robust set of data points to better inform our decisions.
On average, it takes us around 3-5 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability and sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 2-3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision. Please note that, as we usually receive an overwhelming number of applications for open positions, we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you considering Betterment as the next step in your career, and our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process!
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates upon request. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter or email [email protected].
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
CPRA Data Privacy Notice – CA candidates only
We collect and store personal information for the purposes of candidate tracking (for this role and future opportunities). The information you provide in the course of completing your application will be kept for up to 24 months. We use tools provided by third-party service providers but do not share candidate information for any purpose other than for recruiting. To access the data that is collected, request deletion or to make updates to your candidate profile, please email [email protected].
For jobs based out of our NYC HQ, we require in office attendance Tuesday through Thursday, weekly. Betterment requires anyone working in or visiting our workplaces to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to the in office requirement may be available to individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for religious or medical reasons.