Building incomparably simple financial operations solutions supporting the heartbeat of our communities and nearly half of the U.S. GDP — small and mid sized businesses.
As a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, financial operations for small and midsize businesses, BILL has grown with an entrepreneurial spirit that pursues continuous innovation. We’re driven by the belief that our technology can make a meaningful difference for small to midsize businesses.
We’re building the financial operations platform of the future to be used by millions worldwide. We have operations in San Jose, CA Draper, UT, Houston, TX and Sydney, AUS and are continuing to expand into other geographic locations. We’re partners with iconic US financial institutions and more than 80% of major accounting firms. If you’re looking for a place that helps you do the best work of your career, look no further than BILL.
Make your impact within a rapidly growing Fintech Company
BILL is seeking a strategic, passionate and experienced Corporate Communications leader with creativity and a drive for building awareness that will turn BILL into a household name for SMBs. Reporting to the VP of Corporate Marketing, this leader will drive public relations and executive communications programs, including directing PR agency resources and collaborating with a variety of departments across the company to manage content for external communications. As the Sr. Director of Corporate Communications, your mission is to build broad-based awareness for the BILL narrative as well as enhance and protect our positive reputation in the market. This leader must have a strong track of leading communications strategy and operations for a publicly traded company. You’ll own evolving our company narrative and messaging framework for the press. You’ll have the opportunity to shine a light on the role that BILL plays as a champion for small and midsize businesses (~50% of U.S. GDP) with some truly amazing customer success stories.
Location: San Jose, CA. We offer a hybrid work environment.
We’d love to chat if you have:
- 10+ years in the field of corporate communications
- 5+ years in the top corporate communications role at a publicly traded company (in-house)
- Proven ability to plan, execute and evolve a communications strategy that drives meaningful results
- Strong operational experience developing structure and systems to grow and scale a PR program
- Track record of success with both business and trade press
- Established relationships with consequential business journalists, international relationships a plus
- Executive presence and strategic thinker with superior written and spoken communications skills
- M&A and investor relations experience at a high growth company is valuable
- Experience with Executive Communications programs (speakers bureau, OpEds, speeches, etc.)
- Experience with crisis communications and issues management
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or a related field
- Drive annual and quarterly PR strategy and execution; resource planning and budget
- Collaborate with Investor Relations and Legal team on external communications and messaging
- Direct agency resources accordingly to deliver on strategy, measuring and reporting on results
- Executive communications and corporate messaging development
- Spokesperson training and preparation
- Steady cadence of announcements and news reinforcing BILL’s narrative
- Coordinate external announcements and initiatives with partners and other 3rd parties
- Crisis Communications and Issues Management
Let’s talk about benefits
- 100% paid health, dental, and vision plans (choose HMO, PPO, or HDHP)
- HSA & FSA accounts
- Life Insurance, Long & Short-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days and flexible time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program with employee discounts
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- And much more
We live our culture and values every day
At BILL, we’re different by design—it’s our culture. Our CEO is a trusted entrepreneur who lives our cultural values: Humble, Authentic, Passionate, Dedicated, and Fun. People here love being their authentic selves, contributing unique experiences, sharing ideas, perspectives, and intellectual curiosity. We celebrate our diversity as the heart and soul of how we work, grow, and succeed together. Inspiring people with meaningful career experiences they love really does make the dream work and our successes just keep getting better. There’s no limit to what we can build and where we can go from here. We’d love you to join us.
BILL is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer where everyone is welcome. Our innovation and technology are inspired by an inclusive culture unlike any other. Everyone brings a different personal story and perspective and this diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences is where our greatest ideas come from. We welcome people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to make us an even more vibrant company. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves here, to share our values, shape our vision, drive innovation, and become part of a culture we celebrate every day.
- Humble – No ego
- Authentic – We are who we are
- Passionate – Love what you do
- Dedicated – To each other and the customer
- Fun – Celebrate the moments
Follow us on social media