At BioRender, our mission is to accelerate the world’s ability to learn, discover and communicate science. We are passionate about democratizing science communication in order to accelerate scientific discovery and understanding. We’re looking for amazing people to help create the world’s go-to-place and platform where science is communicated. Come join us!
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Business Development Representative with a love for selling and a tenacious and methodical approach to prospecting and developing new business opportunities.
This role is remote-friendly within Canada.
You will be successful in this role with:
- Exceptional customer curiosity: You have a genuine interest in learning about the clients we serve, their goals, and their science communication pain points. You are curious, love asking questions, and can think outside of the box.
- A continuous improvement approach: You have a growth mindset and you’re open to coaching and continuous feedback. You are able to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment with changing goals and priorities.
- A self-starter attitude: You are self-motivated, resourceful, and know how to hustle.
- Prospect new leads (outbound) and create amazing first impressions with potential customers and partners while building pipeline for account executives and senior management
- Follow up and qualify inbound requests via telephone and email, for scientific and business fit
- Organize, categorize, and prioritize sales leads in CRM and measure lead conversion and performance against quota
- Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of BioRender’s software
- Leverage prospecting tools to research companies and identify key stakeholders at new accounts
- Develop customized pitches for different target accounts and personas
- Work with Account Executives to drive outbound prospecting activities, including cold calling, emailing, and communicating our value proposition to decision-makers
- Work with the field marketing and sales teams to drive attendance at BioRender field events such as executive dinners and happy hours
What you bring to the table
- 1+ year of prior experience as a BDR in a SaaS environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and cold call
- Strong self-motivation and willingness to go beyond strict job responsibilities
- Committed to meet/exceed goals with a proven history of consistent high achievement Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent is a plus (e.g. within the fields of life science including biology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry, etc)
What you can expect from our interview process:
- Introductory calls: We will set up a 20-30 minute phone call with one of our recruiters during which you’ll have the opportunity to share more about your experience and interests. You’ll also learn more about BioRender and the team you’re interviewing with. Feel free to ask any questions throughout these calls!
- Practical interview: You’ll be completing a practical exercise so we can see your skills in action and give you a realistic role preview. This exercise will be conducted with our BD Manager.
- Work history interview: This is a conversational interview with our Head of Sales and a member of our Sales Team. They will review your past work and educational experiences in chronological order – you can read more about how to prepare for this interview here!
- Meet the team: Throughout our interview process, you can expect to meet with some of your potential colleagues.
Why join us?
- We are mission-driven, and work collaboratively towards our shared vision of improving scientific communication and accelerating scientific discovery: BioRender figures have appeared in more than 16,000 publications!
- It’s a product that users love! We have a world-class NPS and a community of loyal fans. Check out our Testimonials page to see what our customers are saying about us: https://biorender.com/testimonials/
- We are profitable, funded solely by user growth, and growing more than 200% YoY with users in 200+ countries.
- We’re proud that half of our team members are women (including those in leadership positions), and 65% of our team are BIPOC! BioRender is an equal opportunity employer, and an inclusive hiring process and work environment is a part of our DNA
- We’re remote-first and have team members across Canada and the United States. A physical office in Toronto is available, but you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- We’re backed by top investors, accelerators, and some of the most successful life science entrepreneurs and philanthropists in the world including Y Combinator, Malala Fund founders, and Fifty Years VC.
- We are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. Check out how we make sure our employees come first.
You can read more about the BioRender interview process and FAQs here!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.