Bitwarden seeks a Sales Manager to scale our rapidly growing US Mid-Market team. This role will primarily have you focus on managing a team of account executives who employ the following sales motions:
– Direct sales, including bottoms-up product-led selling and top-down enterprise sales
– Expansion sales
– Channel sales involving resellers, distributors and managed service providers
The Bitwarden go-to-market strategy combines fully automated self-service with sales-assisted facilitation and deal closing. The Sales Manager will commit themselves to building and managing a world-class group of sellers. We seek a candidate that is committed working on deals with account executives, with a dedication to coaching and training and adherence to our sales playbook. We also seek an individual who will translate insights from across deals to steer playbook improvements, change management, and product enhancements.
For sales-assisted deals, Bitwarden selling motions range from the smallest to largest accounts with the large end representing enterprise purchasing with trials, proof-of-concepts, evaluations, and terms negotiations. The candidate will be a proven manager who uses repeatable sales processes, data-driven standards and pipeline management, and a culture of accountability among a growing team. Given unique Bitwarden product advantages, the successful candidate will have a structured and analytical sales approach in a similar or adjacent sector.
The Sales Manager will be a strong leader and developer of sales talent—someone who has consistently overachieved in high-growth environments and has actively contributed to building high-performance selling organizations as Bitwarden solidifies its market leadership in password management and beyond.
The Bitwarden Sales Manager will report to the Bitwarden Director of Sales.
- Drive Revenue Success: Own and exceed monthly sales targets
- Steer Deal Planning with AEs: Develop and execute toward increasing close rates
- Create Trust-Based Relationships: Partner with customers for the long term
- Distill Customer Needs and Value: Understand buyer needs and objectives
- Manage the Front-Line Voice of Bitwarden: Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Read the Market: Understand category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Build and Manage the A-Team: Hire and manage a growing team of sales executives, coach them via joint selling and regular pipeline reviews, and instill a culture of accountability and proactivity
- Create Revenue Predictability: Produce weekly forecasts based on pipeline trends and deal assessments
- Partner with Marketing: Contribute to top-of-funnel outreach efforts, target acquisition, and nurture campaigns
What you bring to Bitwarden
- 5-7 years experience managing sellers in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Managed SaaS technology sales teams, preferably ones that sold software
- Proven and substantial sales achievements
- A passion for coaching and developing
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Able to cover all US time zones (morning hours)
- Inside sales experience
- Must understand security and password management technologies
- Passion for cloud technologies
- 4-year degree required
- World-class leadership and people management skills – proven ability to motivate and inspire others to over perform
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – must have the energy and charisma to influence people and the gravitas to build strong, trusted relationships
- Ability to motivate from afar, including asynchronous communications with team members around the world
- Strategic and commercial thinker with the ability to grasp new concepts rapidly and think creatively – ability to analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner
- The intellectual capacity to contribute to the overall leadership and direction of the business
- Hands-on and level-headed with a proven ability to perform under pressure and deliver results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-growth environment
What to expect in the interview process
- Meeting with our Recruiting Manager
- Interview with our Director of Sales
- Interview with our CRO
- Interview with our CCO
A Few Reasons to Work with Us
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.
Follow us on social media