Block Club is the branding, strategy, and content agency that wants better. We work to build and strengthen brands for forward-thinking organizations who are growing—fast.
We’re looking for a talented senior content strategist/copywriter to help us grow our copy team and craft the voice of our clients’ brands. As senior content strategist/copywriter, you’ll:
- Create compelling short- and long-form content for our clients that inspires their audiences to think differently and take action
- Establish yourself as a subject matter expert by researching our clients’ operations, organizational challenges, target customers, industry, and competitive landscape
- Confidently conduct one-on-one interviews with clients and their stakeholders to gather information, make deductions about their audience, and tease out the stories that will inform your work
- Make editorial decisions with business objectives and strategies top of mind.
Our clients are primarily B2B SAAS startups, fintechs, and technical service companies—including Plaid, Argyle, Codat, Alloy, Zero Hash, Stytch, and M&T Bank—so experience with related subject matter (or keen interest and a willingness to learn) is a plus.
You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate on big campaign ideas across a variety of platforms. In a single day, you might pivot from brainstorming a new product name to developing case studies and white papers to writing social media posts to proofreading other team members’ work. Your goal should be to infuse excellence into everything you do. This is a demanding job, so real motivation is required to thrive.
If you’re the perfect fit:
- You love storytelling and can write extremely well.
- You catch on quickly to technical and B2B business concepts.
- You’re independent and resourceful when it comes to researching new topics.
- You’re well versed in distilling complex ideas so that they’re digestible and comprehensible for a variety of audiences.
To be considered for the position you’ll need:
- A strong portfolio showcasing a range of diverse writing samples
- Experience writing for B2B clients in a content marketing role (preferred)
- Experience conducting research and synthesizing a variety of sources to create clear and compelling copy
- Experience conducting interviews
- A creative and strategic mind
- Sound organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- The ability to juggle competing demands from multiple clients and within the agency
- Resilience and positivity in challenging situations
- To be a thoughtful and dynamic team player
Block Club is a small company, so everyone rolls up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty. This job pays $75,000 to $92,500 annually based on experience (with a 10-15% salary premium for those living in cities with a high cost of living). Benefits include PTO, health insurance, disability and life insurance, 401k match, an employee profit-sharing program, and participation in Block Club’s Residency Program, which gives every employee the opportunity to temporarily live and work abroad with a generous stipend provided by the agency.
We’re headquartered in Buffalo, New York, with a satellite office in New York City, but we’re a fully remote team. Offices are available for you to use if you’d like, but working in the office is not required.
To apply for this job please visit blockclub.co.