Bread Financial a tech-forward financial services company that provides simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. Bread Pay is a BNPL arm of Bread Financial that helps merchants personalize payment options for shoppers. Bread Pay integrates directly on the merchants’ website (full omnichannel offering coming this year) and provides a single platform allowing to offer more ways to pay. Bread’s full-funnel recommendation engine serves up the right options at the right time, empowering merchants to sell more, improve conversion, and increase average order value.
As the Business Development Manager, you will lead the team of business development representatives, whose objective is driving top of the funnel early-stage merchant engagement and generating sales appointments for our Midmarket / Enterprise sales team. Your core responsibility is to hire, coach, develop, and inspire the BDR team toward reaching and exceeding sales objectives. You will achieve that by leading the team to effectively promote Bread Pay’s unique value proposition while applying creative and effective sales tactics. You will report directly to the Head of Bread Pay Sales.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example toward reaching and exceeding targets/other KPIs
- Build and maintain a strong sales culture focused on performance and positive merchant experience
- Conduct one-on-one coaching to continuously improve sales performance and develop growth mindset
- Drive sales execution including performance and pipeline reporting through team meetings, one-on-ones, and performance management process
- Attract, develop, and retain talent by focusing on personal career development
- Develop and execute against the enterprise sales strategy by working closely with sales leaders
- Work with other internal teams such as Marketing, Revenue Operations, Merchant Success to optimize BDR outreach effectiveness and ROI
- Keep up with best practices and industry trends to help educate and improve the sales organization
- Attend with and support the sales team at tradeshows and conferences across the US
Reports to: Head of Bread Pay Sales
Direct reports: 3-5
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of of sales experience in digital, payments, lending solutions, fintech or B2B SaaS with strong expertise in selling within Midmarket and Enterprise space
- Driven To succeed and exceed goals, while able to work both independently and with the team
- 1+ years of leadership / people management experience
- 1+ years of Salesforce experience. Other sales enablement tools (ZoomInfo, Outreach,io, etc.) are a plus
About Bread Financial
At Bread Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and be a part of our award-winning culture. We’ve been consistently recognized as a best place to work in many markets and we’re proud to promote an environment where you feel appreciated, accepted, valued, and fulfilled—both personally and professionally. Bread Financial supports the overall wellness of our associates with a diverse suite of benefits and offers boundless opportunities for career development and non-traditional career progression.
Bread Financial (NYSE: BFH) is a tech-forward financial services company providing simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. The company creates opportunities for its customers and partners through digitally enabled choices that offer ease, empowerment, financial flexibility and exceptional customer experiences. Driven by a digital-first approach, data insights and white-label technology, Bread Financial delivers growth for its partners through a comprehensive product suite, including private label and co-brand credit cards, installment lending, and buy now, pay later (BNPL). Bread Financial also offers direct-to-consumer solutions that give customers more access, choice and freedom through its branded Bread CashbackTM American Express® Credit Card and Bread SavingsTM products.
Formerly Alliance Data, Bread Financial is an S&P MidCap 400 company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, and committed to sustainable business practices powered by its 6,000+ global associates. To learn more about Bread Financial, visit BreadFinancial.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
- Bread Financial offers competitive pay, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for the Company.
- The Company participates in E-Verify.
- The Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
- The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and all applicable state/local laws. The Company will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process. Applicants with disabilities may contact the Company to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the Recruiting Team at [email protected].
Follow us on social media