Brightcove is looking for an exceptional person to join the sales team. This Business Development Representative is responsible for feeding the media sales pipeline by identifying and developing new sales leads to then pass on to the Account Executives and Sales Directors. The ideal Business Development Representative candidate will become an expert in generating, prospecting and qualifying leads, some of the most important components of the sales process. This role is an excellent opportunity to prove yourself in a fast-paced sales environment in a growing SaaS company with an enormous opportunity for career growth.
- Qualify and nurture sales leads generated via inbound channels such as the Web, trial system, seminars, conferences, etc.
- Make initial sales contact to identify account decision-makers, understand the prospect’s business needs and make recommendations for next steps
- Identify high potential prospects and transition them to the appropriate sales rep.
- Partner with inside and field sales reps to develop a target list of accounts to penetrate on a quarterly basis in support of the business plan
- Effectively utilize our lead management system as well as documentation and tracking processes
- Develop and maintain current and working knowledge of Brightcove’s products/services and competitive differences
- Achieve or exceed monthly individual metrics
- Bachelor’s degree or 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using a CRM solution such as Salesforce.com preferred
- Must be highly self-motivated, professional, detail-oriented, organized and flexible
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually
- Positive attitude with the desire to work in a rapid-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- This is a quota-carrying role
- We need you to go to the office around 3 days per week.
Brightcove is a diverse, global team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping organizations reach their audiences in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change.
Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and we have built a culture that values authenticity, individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to harness the incredible power of video and create an environment where you will want to grow, stay and thrive. Bottom line: We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as #oneteam.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
We strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can do their best work and be their best selves. This includes a focus on our employees’ work experience, actively creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center, and hiring, recognizing, promoting employees who are committed to living and breathing these same ideals. We value collaboration, creativity, work/life balance, professional growth and creating an empowering space for open communication. Whether you’re in one of our offices around the world or working remotely you have plenty of opportunities to meet colleagues and celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more to come!
We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Brightcove embraces diversity and seeks candidates who support persons of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply. If you need any accommodations for your interview, please email [email protected].
At Brightcove, we believe that providing comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits packages across the globe are essential to our employees. Base salary is just one component of Brightcove’s total rewards program. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that may include bonus or commission, Brightcove stock, unlimited paid time off, 401(K) matching, health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), generous employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions, tuition reimbursement, 100% paid parental leave and more.
USA Brightcove Base Salary Range