Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. The Sales Director will play an integral role in a SaaS organization that is building products and online services that promise to transform the way leading global brands engage with their customers through video. We are searching for an exceptional person to take a senior position in our Media sales team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about technology and can take leadership in developing and managing relationships with Media and Entertainment customers.
This person must have a proven track record for delivering on or exceeding revenue goals within a SaaS company selling into the media and entertainment vertical. The candidate must be highly motivated, extremely organized, team-oriented, creative, and possess outstanding communication and negotiating skills. This position will be responsible for driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration for your market segment.
- Create, implement and own a sales pipeline to manage customer lead intake, outbound activity, prioritization and metrics for measurement of deal status.
- Meet or exceed sales goals each quarter.
- Continuously develop an extensive set of relationships at C-level, VP and Director-levels across companies and across industry categories.
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around the use of the Brightcove platform.
- Leverage a virtual territory team to execute against sales goals
- Prepare deal overviews and contract summaries for key stakeholders.
- 8+ years experience in sales/business development for a leading software or SaaS company
- Direct experience selling SaaS solutions into the media and entertainment vertical
- Possess a strong sales background that enables you to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects.
- Drive territory growth through up-selling/cross selling existing customers
- Domain expertise in ad-supported Media/Video use cases
- Proven track record of successful six figure sales and exceeding revenue goals
- Demonstrated ability to instigate, carry through and close deals
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and think outside the box in terms of deal structure and framework
- An ability to assess client needs effectively and address needs through new products and services
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- This is a quota-carrying role
- This role does involve domestic travel, up to 30%
Brightcove is a diverse, global team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping organizations reach their audiences in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change.
Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and we have built a culture that values authenticity, individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to harness the incredible power of video and create an environment where you will want to grow, stay and thrive. Bottom line: We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as #oneteam.
WORKING AT BRIGHTCOVE
We strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can do their best work and be their best selves. This includes a focus on our employees’ work experience, actively creating a culture where inclusion and growth are at the center, and hiring, recognizing, promoting employees who are committed to living and breathing these same ideals. We value collaboration, creativity, work/life balance, professional growth and creating an empowering space for open communication. Whether you’re in one of our offices around the world or working remotely you have plenty of opportunities to meet colleagues and celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more to come!
We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Brightcove embraces diversity and seeks candidates who support persons of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply. If you need any accommodations for your interview, please email [email protected].
At Brightcove, we believe that providing comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits packages across the globe are essential to our employees. Base salary is just one component of Brightcove’s total rewards program. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that may include bonus or commission, Brightcove stock, unlimited paid time off, 401(K) matching, health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), generous employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions, tuition reimbursement, 100% paid parental leave and more.
USA Brightcove Base Salary Range
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.