Capital Rx is a next generation pharmacy benefits manager, overseeing prescription benefit plans on behalf of employers, unions, and government entities. Determined to transform an outdated model, Capital Rx’s mission is to change the way prescription benefits are priced and administered in the US, unlocking enduring social change. Through our platform approach, Capital Rx delivers data-driven insights and actionable strategies that reduce costs, while improving patient outcomes. Our commitment to innovation, technology and service is the reason why Capital Rx is among the fastest-growing PBMs in the country.
The Strategic Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting the go-to-market strategy of specific product lines, including the product positioning, target customer, and overall sales strategy. This individual also serves as the primary internal and external “product evangelist”. This position develops the strategy for launch planning, go-to-market programs, and sales readiness as well as overall results-focused execution. The role will closely liaise with Product Management Leads who are responsible for directing technical investment and Commercial Team leaders responsible for selling specific offerings. Strategic customer relationships and heavy customer exposure is also a priority.
- Understand key assets and differentiators of products in context of industry trends and competitive landscape.
- Identify and prioritize target market segments, develop positioning, ROI/value statements, and other go to market design aspects.
- Define buyer personas involved in the purchasing process in order to align marketing strategy.
- Define product positioning to develop go-to-market strategy and external messaging.
- Define User personas.
- Lead and participate in shaping the go-to-market strategy that will deliver customer growth whilst preserving and retaining existing customer base; translate strategy into clear objectives and marketing initiatives.
- Oversee internal launch, and ensure interdepartmental readiness. Create excitement and focus on critical launches.
- Define the marketing plan commercial goals, and create the marketing plan in including methods for customer acquisition as well as customer retention.
- Work with partners within the marketing team to create compelling content and demand generation programs.
- Identify and develop sales enablement tools including case studies, collateral, slides, articles and other deliverables that improve the velocity of sales and the close rates of the sales team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal partners, including Finance, Product Management and Sales.
- Own and prioritize marketing spend across the assigned portfolio and marketing programs including exhibition prioritization.
- Ensure marketing program design and execution is aligned with strategic goals.
- Identify and coordinate opportunities to leverage customer testimonial and case studies.
- Monitor program status and effectiveness. Identify and drive actions to maximize product success.
- BS/BA in Marketing or a related discipline.
- 4-6 years experience in a marketing management role within healthcare which includes setting sales and marketing strategies of products or services sold.
- Experience in monitoring the commercial success of a newly launched or established product.
- Experience rationalizing and prioritizing marketing program spend.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Strong program management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Well-organized and disciplined with regard to policy, procedure, and standards
Base Salary: $70,000 – $85,000
This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for the NY – based position. The actual base salary will depend on several factors such as: experience, knowledge, and skills, and if the location of the job changes.
Additional Benefits Included: Annual Performance Based Bonus and Stock Options/Equity
Capital Rx values a diverse workplace and celebrates the diversity that each employee brings to the table. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.