At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We’ve built a culture that’s second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, CreditIQ & Accu-Trade. Learn more here !
The Manager of Product Marketing plays an integral role in CARS B2B product solutions. As a Product Marketing Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead the introduction of disruptive technology and media solutions to the automotive industry. A product lifecycle specialist passionate about every stage of the go-to-market process from ideation, to pilot, to launch, to ongoing evolution — you will shape key messages to communicate the value of our offerings to our sales team and our customers (dealerships and automakers). You will be obsessed with ensuring our solutions create meaningful results for our clients, and once you have helped guide a solution to that status, you will be its biggest hype person within our organization.
- Work cross-functionally to drive Go-to-Market efforts for new product launches and features.
- Work directly with product on upstream product development from ideation, roadmapping, development, testing, determining value proposition, positioning and naming.
- Conduct competitive analysis to understand where products fit within the competitive landscape, what features are differentiating and how the product can be positioned to its end user as superior to the competition.
- Identify customer insights via quantitative and qualitative research and turn them into actionable recommendations and strategies that both our product and marketing teams can execute against.
- Advocate internal and external customer needs within CARS, particularly to our partners in Product.
- Articulate product value propositions clearly, including metrics that demonstrate customers’ desired business outcomes.
- Work with the research team to develop insights that support product value and uniqueness in the market, develop benefits and talking points aligned to those insights.
- Create next level customer tools that articulate and illustrate the value of our CARS brands.
- Recognize gaps and opportunities within our existing product portfolio and develop business cases around how they should be met.
- Stay current on industry trends and provide thought leadership.
You’ll accomplish the responsibilities above through strong collaboration and a keen sense of strategic agility. Uniting varied groups of specialists behind a single vision will be key to success. You will manage through influence, maintaining a consistent and captivating story of what our solution can accomplish both internally and externally.
- 5-7 years of marketing and advertising experience, inclusive of some level of prior Product Marketing experience.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing solutions, with prior experience in B2B applications of these solutions preferred.
- SaaS experience is a plus.
- A positive attitude partnered with a proactive approach. The ideal candidate will leverage a combination of creativity, analytical skills, strong work ethic, and results-driven prowess to drive success for the business.
- Thrive in fast-paced, collaborative environments where change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high.
- Analytical thinker, able to effectively process a variety of marketing performance and financial data, generating a wealth of Sales and Client data through team actions, and then leveraging that data to drive powerful recommendations for the business.
- Ability to work through systems, exhibiting strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills to identify the connective tissue between a number of business challenges and solve it through collaboration and tech enablement.
- A collaborative mindset with the ability to sit at the intersection of almost every department in our business and leverage that position to mobilize cross-functional teams to take on transformative challenges.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package Includes
- Medical, Dental & Vision Healthcare Plans
- 401(k) with Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- New Hire Stipend for Home Office Set-Up
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO
- Refuel – a service based recognition program where employees receive additional paid time away to learn grow and reset
- Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, Recharge Day
- Learn more about our Benefits, Perks, & Culture on our LinkedIn Life Pages !
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.