The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company’s Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. For more information, visit carta.com.
The Team You’ll Work With
Ready to build the go-to-market operations for a hyper-growth B2B SaaS company? As a Sales Operations Manager at Carta, you will be part of a team doing just that. The Sales Operations team is building the blueprint to help Carta scale. Our goal: support our go-to-market partners and help Carta realize revenue faster and more predictably. As a key member of the Sales Operations team, you will join a team of humble, hungry, and agile operators. You’ll work directly with Carta’s sales and post-sales teams to ensure we build processes & systems to scale. Do you love partnering? Are you adept at creating world-class sales processes and highly analytical? Do you get excited by creating order, structure, and elegant design to accelerate sales? If so, continue reading.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As a Sales Operations Manager, you will be responsible for owning the operational roadmap for a portfolio of business stakeholders — using process, systems, policy and data as levers to accelerate their day-to-day productivity and advance strategic initiatives. Specifically, we are seeking a Manager to support our US and international Sales teams in optimizing their business operations for efficiency, productivity and scale.
You will be responsible for leading or contributing to projects spanning operational policy improvements, process optimization, systems improvements, data hygiene and enrichment, tool management and system integrations. You’ll partner directly with business stakeholders, strategy & operations partners, and systems teams / owners to scope business requirements and manage end-to-end implementation.
- Partner with your business stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of Carta’s customer journey and sales cycle; Understand their corresponding business strategies and challenges, which drive your operational roadmap
- Maintain scalability, drive automation, and ensure accuracy of various operational processes. Examples include account segmentation requirements, rules of engagement definitions, Book of Business assignment, pipeline management, identification of high value accounts, tool management, data enrichment, and driving data strategy for the teams you support
- Serve as project manager / lead for operational initiatives and contribute to biweekly sprint process for deliverables, clear communication updates, and prioritization of incoming requests from GTM teams to ensure successful completion of these projects
- Develop and own reporting & dashboards that proactively identify risks and opportunities to our ability to strategically service our customers, and drive customer retention
- Represent the Sales teams you support in cross-functional business transformation projects, to ensure any changes to our business processes, systems and metrics are aligned to overall organizational goals
- 5+ years of Sales Reporting & Operations experience, with progressively increasing responsibility, complexity, and scale of work. Enterprise SaaS, MBA a plus.
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to communicate the right level of information to executives and cross-functional teams at the right cadence.
- Strategic, structured thinker. Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- An owner mentality: You take pride in your work and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of Carta. You relish operating independently and with multiple teams relying on you
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Experience driving cross-functional projects end-to-end. Ability to negotiate and influence priorities across organizations at all levels
- Results-driven self-starter with the ability to multitask. Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment with a “can do” attitude and growth mindset
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while dealing with ambiguity
- Able to communicate data into meaningful insight: You know how to craft compelling presentations and can lead executives through data deep-dives
- Highly proficient in Salesforce and G-Suite; Technically savvy with data and sales systems, such as Looker, Outreach, ChiliPiper, Qualified, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoominfo and Chorus. Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, SQL and enterprise reporting solutions.
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. If you are located in New York, New York, our minimum cash compensation salary range for this role is $141,950 – $167,000 (if applicable, + commission). Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at [email protected]. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.