Everything happens somewhere – which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies trying to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists and analytics professionals from companies such as Vodafone, Deliveroo, Bumble, Clear Channel, and Coca-Cola to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, route optimization, network planning and much more.
With an exceptionally diverse team of 200 people spread across the US, UK, and Spain, CARTO (backed by Insight Partners in our recent $61M Series C) is changing the way companies analyze location data – making it simple to do this straight out of modern, cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years, providing a compelling alternative to legacy GIS software.
To continue this growth, our US Sales Team is looking for an experienced Enterprise Account Executive to build and execute sales plans with both new and existing customers, working alongside strategic cloud partners (such as Google Cloud, Snowflake, Databricks and AWS) to actively drive sales opportunities and meet revenue goals.
The team you will join is driven, curious, smart, and motivated. We believe in working together across our sales team – collaborating between AEs, SDRs, Marketing, and Customer Success to ensure we delight our customers and propel our business to success. At CARTO, everyone is a salesperson and ambassador for our brand – which means we strive to have an outbound mentality across every department.
Location – New York (and surrounding areas).
- Sell the value of spatial analytics to enterprise organizations. You’ll show prospects how location data can solve a wide range of challenges, such as helping quick commerce players decide where to put ghost kitchens / dark stores; helping CPG companies find where the vegans hang out and helping major insurers understand the impact of climate change on their exposed portfolio – just to give a few examples!
- Work alongside our SDRs to grow and close inbound opportunities, as well as outbound prospecting to expand existing accounts and win target accounts in verticals such as CPG, Telecoms, Logistics and Out of Home Advertising.
- Work hand in hand with Customer Success to build relationships with our ICPs at key strategic accounts and map prospect organizations to identify new use cases and expansion opportunities.
- Build relationships with your counterparts at our cloud and data warehouse partners to ensure they become a continued and growing source of pipeline for CARTO.
- Deliver results by exceeding the assigned quota on a quarterly basis – serving as a rolemodel and example to more junior sellers within our organization.
- Believe in the science and art of sales – leveraging our sales stack (Salesforce, Gong, Outreach, Zoominfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator) to be more efficient, use social selling techniques, ensure CRM hygiene, and build pipeline. You don’t see these tools as a pain, you see them as an enabler for success.
- Travel moderately (~50%) to meet prospects, attend events and build relationships.
- 3+ year track record of success in selling data or analytics software products in a sales or business development capacity, ideally in the geospatial, data science, BI, and analytics space.
- Experience achieving or exceeding quota in closing complex deals (>$100K ASP) and handling key accounts.
- A consultative, solution-oriented sales approach.
- Experience working and selling with strategic partners, preferably cloud vendors (Google, AWS, Snowflake, or Databricks)
- A positive mindset and self-motivation.
- A sense of urgency in executing and delivering growth.
- Proactivity, self-sufficiency – the type of person who looks for something before asking where it is – a real go-getter.
- Curious, optimistic, data-driven, smart, and eager to succeed!
- 22 days of paid vacation days, 13 annual holidays, honor code approach to sick days
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Covered medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Pre-tax commuter benefit via WageWorks
- Pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Employer HSA contribution
- 401(k), with an annual match of up to $1000 (1-year vesting)
- Short and long-term disability
- CityBike Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- $3000 Employee Referral Bonus
- ClassPass allowance
- $600 annual education stipend
- Remote work flexible
- Remote work allowance
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multicultural and multilingual company with a supportive, team-work-oriented work environment
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Do you feel that you don’t check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
Diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, age, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.