As a cybersecurity-focused Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will be the expert in how and why our customers utilize our API protection solution and will collaborate with the sales team to unlock and maximize the potential of those insights. Your data-driven and customer-centric approach make for successful business outcomes and help drive organic growth. As a champion of the organization, you will help drive Cequence’s value proposition and gain insights that enable you to contribute to our broader go-to-market strategy.
- Understand and track the CISO, security analyst, security operations, and application security developer operations persona journey while staying aware of the competitive landscape by using market intelligence to best influence our marketing strategy.
- Develop strategies and execute plans by using a customer-focused approach to understand cybersecurity-related buyer personas and offer solutions to customer pain points.
- Identify and develop positioning that uniquely differentiates Cequence as a leading provider of API protection solutions.
- Work with and enable sales (inbound and outbound) and marketing teams to amplify our message to the market and across the organization.
- Utilize strong writing skills to develop presentations and assets (collateral, presentations, blog posts, videos, social media, etc.) to communicate the mission and drive loyalty and growth across the buyer’s journey. Provide examples of blog posts or collateral that you have written.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and launch products to support integrated marketing initiatives.
- Experience presenting in webinars, internal sales training, and customer presentations.
- 7+ years of experience in Product Marketing in the technology space, preferably in cybersecurity (experience in network or application security, such as web application firewalls, and cloud-based web security offerings,)
- Strong foundations and general experience across all product and solution marketing capabilities
- Strong background in designing and implementing successful solution launches.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking
- Excellent communications skills, specifically written and story building
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous start-up environment.
- Must be a self-starter, problem solver, deadline-oriented and independent thinker/producer.
- Proven experience creating effective marketing and sales enablement material.
- Project management and product management skills/experience a plus, product marketing experience a must
- Ability to articulate use-cases and value
- Highly collaborative and motivated to succeed as a team
The Cequence mission is to protect today’s hyper-connected enterprises from fraud, business abuse, data losses and non-compliance on web, mobile, and API-based applications that connect their employees, customers, partners, and suppliers.. The Cequence Unified API Protection (UAP) solution provides runtime API visibility, security risk monitoring, and patented behavioral fingerprinting technology to consistently detect and protect against ever evolving online attacks.
Organizations that have fully embraced an API-first methodology or are just getting started, trust Cequence Security to protect their APIs and scale their business with the only solution that addresses all phases of the API protection lifecycle. The company is led by industry veterans that previously held leadership positions at Palo Alto Networks and Symantec. Customers include F500 organizations across multiple vertical markets.. Learn more at www.cequence.ai
Salary Range Up to 175k USD + bonus
The salary range represents the low and high end of the base salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for Cequence Security employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, commissions, stock options, unlimited Paid Time Off, and other benefits not listed.
Come talk with us if you’re looking to make a difference and work in a fast-paced, fun, and rewarding environment. It’s the best career decision that you can make!