Young people across the country need our help. The sad reality is that a mental health crisis has taken hold of our most vulnerable population—leading to record levels of depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and self-harm. From Manhattan to Montana, this reality is compounded by issues of access, both geographic and financial. The mental health landscape is systemically broken, and our young people are suffering as a result.
Charlie Health has set out on a mission to reimagine how high acuity care is delivered to young people and families in crisis. Our initial offering is a virtual intensive outpatient program, which places peers with similar mental health experiences and goals into customized virtual groups. Our team of masters-level clinicians lead groups multiple times per week to deliver a higher level of care.
Our goal is to help young people and families heal together. Through a combination of exceptional medical and psychological care, engaged community partnerships, and best-in-class technology, we provide an unparalleled approach to recovery support that serves individual needs in an integrated way. Join us in our mission to ensure that every young person—regardless of location or socioeconomic status—can get the care that they deserve.
About the Role
The Director of Sales Training will be responsible for leading and training the rapidly growing Clinical Outreach Team at Charlie Health on the entire sales life cycle. The position will enable our Clinical Outreach Team members to be positioned for success in the field to ramp as quickly as possible and have the skills and tools at their disposal to help more patients receive care. The position will support the ongoing development of trainings related to sales process, clinical programming, Salesforce training, sales leadership, and other relevant curricula. This position will also help identify and respond to knowledge gaps and unique market challenges to optimize the sales team performance and remove barriers to success.
- Lead sales training for new and experienced clinical outreach team members focused on foundational sales skills, pitch development, and closing practices
- Create and socialize sales training with the clinical outreach team to set them up for success in the field
- Deliver creative tactics to clinical outreach employees to convert opportunities to admissions
- Work with other departments to ensure appropriate cross-functional sales training between clinical outreach and other clinical and non-clinical functions\
- Provide Salesforce training and consultation to the clinical outreach team to help identify and optimize opportunities for growth within BoBs
- Identify and operationalize strategic initiatives in partnership with the VP of Clinical Outreach and other training team members
- 5+ years of previous sales experience and successful track record in identifying and building relationships to drive business
- Prior experience in healthcare or related industry implementing a sales framework to support the fast growth of our high performing sales team
- Excelled written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to facilitate small and large group presentations
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and a passion for mental health care
- Proficiency in Salesforce and Microsoft Office
This role is not presently available in New York, Colorado, Washington or California.
So—what do you think?
If you’ve made it this far, well, we’re excited to meet you too. Just one more thing that we want you to remember: we pride ourselves on our meritocratic, performance-driven culture. There are lives on the line, and we have young people to save. There’s no room for complacency. Your scope of responsibility and opportunity to make a difference will be uncapped at Charlie Health, but we need your commitment that you will work tirelessly for our patients, parents, and partners. At the end of day, our team is committed to helping you succeed at Charlie Health because when you succeed, our patients succeed, and we get one step closer to solving the mental health crisis. We’re hopeful that this role will give you the experience to go and do whatever you want in life but the fulfillment to make you never want to leave our team. We look forward to solving the mental health crisis, together.
Please do not call our public clinical admissions line in regards to this or any other job posting.
Please be cautious of potential recruitment fraud. If you are interested in exploring opportunities at Charlie Health, please go directly to our Careers Page: https://www.charliehealth.com/careers/current-openings. Charlie Health will never ask you to pay a fee or download software as part of the interview process with our company. In addition, Charlie Health will not ask for your personal banking information until you have signed an offer of employment and completed onboarding paperwork that is provided by our People Operations team. All communications with Charlie Health Talent and People Operations professionals will only be sent from @charliehealth.com email addresses. Legitimate emails will never originate from gmail.com, yahoo.com, or other commercial email services.
Recruiting agencies, please do not submit unsolicited referrals for this or any open role. We have a roster of agencies with whom we partner, and we will not pay any fee associated with unsolicited referrals.
At Charlie Health, we value being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to cultivate an environment where individuals can be their authentic selves. Being an Equal Opportunity Employer means every member of our team feels as though they are supported and belong. We value diverse perspectives to help us provide essential mental health and substance use disorder treatments to all young people.
Charlie Health applicants are assessed solely on their qualifications for the role, without regard to disability or need for accommodation.