Chief is on a mission to change the face of leadership. Launched in 2019, Chief provides senior executive women with a vetted community of peers, a trusted support system, and business critical insights to strengthen their leadership and magnify their influence. We have been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies” — and you can read more about us in Inc. and Forbes.
Chief is a fast-growing, Series B stage start-up backed by CapitalG, General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, and other top-tier investors who believe in our vision to drive more women to the top and keep them there. We have members across the United States with flagship locations in NYC, LA, Chicago, London, and SF.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are in our DNA, guiding everything we do and how we work. Knowing that our people are the most important driver of our success, we focus on building teams where the power of diverse voices, identities, perspectives, and experiences is celebrated.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
As a Sales Development Representative with Chief, your role will be instrumental in building our membership base of executive leaders. You will help us identify potential new members, work through a vetting process, and ultimately partner with a Membership Manager in growing our membership nationally.
- 50% of the time focused on vetting and converting prospective members to interviews held by the Membership Managers
- 40% of the time focused on lead generation & prospecting
- 10% of the time focused on pipeline management, corresponding & scheduling with potential new members
- Cold calling is not a function of this role
What We’re Looking For:
- Candidates who are excited by growing their initial skills set within a sales function
- Previous years of experience with reaching a quota and pipeline management is required
- Proactive self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for the company’s mission, positioning, and brand
- Passion for joining the revenue generating team of an organization
- Ability to communicate and influence in a written capacity
- Experience with Salesforce.com, SalesLoft, Outreach, Sales Navigator, Marketo or equivalent software is a plus
- Role is based in New York City only
Why You’ll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness and Learning Stipends
- Our NYC HQ (where this role is based) is located in the Flatiron District
The base salary for this role is: $76,500.