Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series B stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, CapitalG, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes 12,000+ members from across the United States and United Kingdom. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and London.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
The Senior Manager will be responsible for spearheading the operational process of Chief’s top KPIs. The mission of this role is to design, own, and optimize the sales process and sales tech-stack to deliver predictable revenue and to achieve best-in-class sales productivity. This role will report to the Senior Director of Revenue Operations and partner closely with our Revenue, Marketing, Finance and Product teams, serving as a subject matter expert in sales process design, planning, forecasting, sales technology optimization, and case/project management. This is an exciting opportunity to support the go-to-market strategies for key investment areas at Chief.
- Own revenue planning process (e.g., headcount planning, territory planning, quota setting)
- Spearhead the sales operations strategy to enable Chief to expand its sales
- Regularly liaise with Sales, Finance, Marketing, Product, and Tech teams to ensure roadmaps are aligned with strategy
- Responsible for the functional and operational relationship with the sales teams, prioritizing and supporting business needs, dashboards, reports, issue resolution, and sales tech stack requirements.
- Work cross functionally with Revenue leadership (including Sales, RevOps, Marketing, Finance) to proactively build, evolve and optimize the sales process and systems around the customer journey.
- Work with internal and external partners to structure our CRM as a single source of truth for customer engagement focusing on scalability, go-to-market alignment and strategic growth.
- Proactively gather business requirements and project manage changes to our sales technology stack to increase sales productivity and better align with buyer processes.
- Implement data governance frameworks to ensure sales data integrity. Ensure lead, contact, account and opportunity data are properly inputted, edited and tracked in Salesforce.
- Liaise with the Product and Engineering team on prioritizing and executing on business requirements for the sales tech stack including selection, implementation, deployment and rationalization of systems and tools.
- Build processes, systems, workflows to proactively deliver actionable sales insights throughout different stages of the sales process, including conversion and forecasting elements.
What We’re Looking For:
- Extensive Sales Ops experience (combo B2C and B2B experience a plus); experience developing sales strategies and building and maintaining CRMs
- Must have experience in sales pipeline development processes and tools, and can call upon that experience to manage the growth and evolution of processes and systems within Salesforce and sales technology.
- Deep knowledge of tools in the revenue stack: Salesforce, Chili Piper, Marketo, SalesLoft, ZoomInfo, Gong etc. Preferable admin certified for Salesforce.
- Skilled in the ability to articulate complex concepts clearly to cross-functional audiences
- Experience working with emerging technologies and proficient in developing a tangible plan of action.
- Strong analytical orientation; comfort using databases and analytical tools and making data-based decisions
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Results-oriented and an exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, with ability to roll up your sleeves to get into the details
- Passion for the Company’s mission, positioning, and brand — to empower women in business and spark change from the top
- Preferred location is New York City or San Francisco but open to remote locations
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The hourly compensation for this role is: $90.00/hr for the duration of 6 months