Are you looking for the chance to grow and engage with food lovers, takeout diners and local restaurants for a burgeoning brand at the intersection of technology & food culture? What about owning the relationship and communications with an engaged user base who wants their takeout ordering to help local restaurants, not hurt them? Do you love to bring people together? And, do you love food?
Great—we have the perfect opportunity for you!
ChowNow’s vision is to become the leading North American platform connecting diners and independent restaurants for at-home dining. The ChowNow Platform continues to grow its product offerings and bring restaurants and diners closer together. Our marketplace provides a commission-free ordering for restaurants nationwide and diners with an ever-growing selection of independent restaurants. Our demand network provides diners with the ability to order where they’re already online, including Google, Yelp, Instagram, Snap, and many others. And our white-labeled online ordering system provides restaurants with a branded experience for diners on their website and their own iOS and Android apps for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. To date, we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners and the same goes for our culture.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark.
Join us and help ensure ChowNow becomes the diner’s first choice for socially responsible online ordering. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing, you are responsible for building and executing strategies that drive diner adoption, engagement, and lifetime value (LTV) for the ChowNow app. The ideal candidate will have expertise driving customer growth, retention, and lifetime value for a consumer product, experience leveraging both brand and performance tactics to drive consumer loyalty, hands-on experience with marketing automation tools (email, push notifications, in-app, SMS), and proven experience driving revenue via lifecycle programs.
Reports to the Director of Product Marketing; no direct reports.
This role can be located in Los Angeles, CA or remote.
What We Love About You:
You put restaurants first. You deeply understand the importance of local restaurants and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to help them not only survive but thrive.
You celebrate diversity. You recognize that diversity and inclusivity matter. You’re committed to progress, which means everyone gets the support and resources they need, no matter who they are. You have an ability to listen to other team members’ ideas and can thrive in an environment that embraces individuality. Everyone’s voice counts.
You raise your hand. You consistently go above and beyond what is asked of you. You help your peers accomplish their tasks while also excelling at accomplishing your own. When you have a smart idea, you raise your hand and share it.
You keep reaching. You set clear ambitious goals. You don’t allow yourself to become complacent with where you’re at and what you’ve done, so you seek out new opportunities and challenges.
Specifically you will:
- Build and execute lifecycle strategies for the ChowNow app by leveraging email, push, SMS, and in-app channels to activate, engage, and retain our diner base
- Continuously optimize existing lifecycle channels and evergreen campaigns, while finding opportunities to test new channels/campaigns (with a rapid test, learn, optimize approach)
- Ideate campaigns to cross-pollinate diners between ChowNow properties, driving awareness and adoption of the ChowNow app among diners across the ChowNow ecosystem (Direct, Order Better Network, Marketplace web)
- Manage campaigns from concept through execution, including calendar, creative development, trafficking, deployment, optimization, and weekly reporting
- Build email and push notification calendars/workflows, including validation rules, triggers, alerts, and journeys
- Collaborate with internal teams to optimize our marketing automation technology for cross-channel campaign execution
- Identify, own, and set KPIs and benchmarks relevant to lifecycle/retention and implement robust weekly and monthly reporting, proving business impact
- Identify opportunities for product optimization at all stages of the customer journey (from landing pages, through activation, conversion, retention, and winback), partnering with cross-functional teams to prioritize and execute
- Take a customer-first approach to all growth efforts, championing user benefit, satisfaction, and trust among diners and restaurants alike
Within 30 days you’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Meet cross-functional colleagues relevant to your role and understand how the many departments can/will play a part in Lifecycle’s success
Within 60 days you’ll:
- Have a full understanding of our current Lifecycle programs, capabilities, gaps & deficiencies
- Have communicated a roadmap for lifecycle optimization & improvements,, and identified the cross-functional colleagues/teams and dependencies that will support and enable it
Within 90 days you’ll:
- Have deployed key upgrades and net-new initiatives to improve retention and adoption
- Begin to prove material impact on diner retention and LTV
You Should Apply If:
- You have 5+ years managing retention/lifecycle marketing for a direct-to-consumer product (e-commerce/app experience preferred)
- You have deep knowledge of and hands-on experience with CRM/marketing automation tools (e.g. Braze, Iterable, Salesforce, Marketo)
- You have experience designing and implementing A/B, holdout and multivariate tests
- You have worked closely with Data Scientists and Data Engineering team members, and have an ability to dive deep into customer segmentation, cohort analysis and experimentation.
- You have basic knowledge of HTML/CSS, SQL, and experience with customer segmentation
- You have a customer-centric mindset with experience using customer insights (qual and quant) to inform business strategy and day-to-day decision-making
- You have developed actionable creative briefs and provided constructive feedback on creative work
- You have expertise in bringing cross-functional stakeholders together to advance retention goals, and helping other teams drive results through close collaboration
About Our Benefits:
- Expected Base Salary Range: $166,250 – $183,750
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A “Best Place to Work” winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage – we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program or continuing education reimbursement program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Events (Women, LGBTQIA+, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap in our satellite offices
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. We are committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment, if you require any accommodation, please let us know at your earliest convenience and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.