At Clearbit, we help our customers build unstoppable growth engines. Our products enable businesses to understand their customers, generate demand, act on intent, and increase conversions all the way down the funnel. Today, Clearbit powers more than 1,500 B2B companies including Asana, Segment, and Atlassian.
We’re a high-growth SaaS company full of can-do, kind people who care about craft, collaboration, and our customers. We have aggressive growth plans for 2022 and beyond. With a bias for action — we are moving fast.
This belief in meaningful growth extends to our employees. We invest in personal and team growth, valuing constructive feedback, and emotional intelligence. We aim to maintain a working environment of psychological safety, where vulnerability is not a weakness, so it’s easier to take creative risks, re-define what’s possible, and grow into the best version of yourself. Your teammates will push you (kindly) to grow and ask for the same in return.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Marketing leader to build a team and scale our company’s PM function to match our rapid growth. You will work cross-functionally with Product, GTM, and Executive teams to build, market, sell and support our entire suite of products, while also playing a key role in defining the future vision and strategy of Clearbit.
As the Vice President of Product Marketing, you’ll report to our CMO and work closely with our VP of Product Management. You’ll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact on the business, executing programs across the entire product-marketing landscape: customer research, pricing and packaging, positioning and messaging, and serving as a product expert.
At Clearbit, you will:
- Guide and refresh how Clearbit communicates with customers throughout their journey.Your positioning and messaging frameworks will inform the growth team’s demand generation efforts and content creation, and you’ll empower our first-class sales and customer success teams with the right product communication to retain and convert happy customers.
- Develop a pricing and packaging strategyto empower Product and GTM teams to build and sell products that create value and accelerate Clearbit’s revenue growth.
- Generate market and competitive intelligenceto help our Product team build high value, differentiated products, our GTM teams stay current and win, and inform our company’s future vision and strategy.
- Support smooth and effective product launches that drive results.Partner with product, customer success, sales, and marketing teams to help execute a product launch process that covers research, testing, content creation, training, and measurement.
- Become the voice of the customer.Create deep customer understanding, document it, and then infuse it into the minds, plans, and execution of all teams at the company.
- Generate a clear view of our competitive landscape.You’ll help the company understand our target market through industry research, how our buyers make purchasing decisions, and how to differentiate against and beat our competition.
- Identify and recruit top PMM talent to build your team.
We’re look for someone with:
- You have deep Product Marketing expertise. You’ve successfully developed and driven the adoption of company and product-level positioning and messaging frameworks for Data solutions or MarTech products. You’ve created pricing + packaging initiatives that have resulted in revenue growth. You’re an expert in working with PMs to develop market intelligence and business cases to inform roadmap development. You have experience building competitive + market intelligence programs.
- You’re an exceptional communicator, influencer & cross-functional operator. You have experience transforming complex concepts, features, and capabilities into key messages and compelling narratives. You work effectively across Marketing / Growth, Sales, CS, Product, and Engineering orgs (e.g., research, messaging, and developing collateral). You have excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present to audiences of all levels and sizes (company-wide to Executive team).
- You’re adept at managing projects. You have experience leading complex, cross-functional initiatives to completion, and on deadline. You’re a relationship-builder and good at coordinating team members of all seniority levels and driving them towards completing actions against a common goal.
- You have deep knowledge of the MarTech market. You’re a PMM leader or senior operator at a MarTech company and have a clear understanding of digital advertising, website personalization, and email marketing.
- You’re curious, resourceful, and adaptable. You’re eager to dive in and solve problems, talk to people, do research, and then share what you’ve learned and turn insights into action. You’re able to shift responsibilities as product marketing needs change each quarter and data presents new opportunities.
Working at Clearbit:
- We invest in personal and team growth, valuing constructive feedback, and emotional intelligence. We aim to maintain a working environment of psychological safety, where vulnerability is not a weakness so that it’s easier to take creative risks, re-define what’s possible, and grow into the best version of yourself. Your teammates will push you to grow (kindly) and ask for the same in return.
- Building a company takes a physical and mental toll, which is why we think it’s incredibly important to make sure that we provide benefits that focus on physical and mental health.
- Our benefits include:- Competitive salary and meaningful equity- Health, dental, and vision for you and your family- Paid parental leave- Mental health resources, coaching and therapy sessions- 401(K)- Education benefits.
Don’t meet 100% of the criteria, but think you can do the job? We’d love to chat anyway! We’re on a mission to build diverse teams, and studies have shown that women and folks from marginalized communities are less likely to apply to jobs if they don’t check every box.
We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin, your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don’t believe in, and every other belief and characteristic that make you YOU. The more inclusive we are, the better we — and our work — will be.