Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~70 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact. We’re eager to make a product our customers fall in love with over and over again.
We ❤️ startups & SMBs. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
As our first-ever Head of Growth, you will be responsible for managing and scaling Close’s customer acquisition funnel. You will need to look at Close’s most successful customers and figure out how to acquire more of them. We expect you to test and iterate on generating leads and converting new customers from a wide variety of sources (organic, paid, outbound & inbound, partnership, affiliates, etc) and communicate those results to the leadership team.
Simply put: your job is to uncover, examine, and present all of the opportunities where Close can win new customers in a sustainable way. Think of yourself as Close’s own Ferdinand Magellan – tasked with voyaging out into uncharted territory in search of new opportunities that will accelerate our growth.
While you will receive support and resources, you should expect to do ~90% of this work as an individual contributor for the first 12 months. You will report to the Director of Sales & Marketing, Nick Persico, and we expect you to eventually build a Growth team as the company continues to grow.
👀 Check out this video to learn more about the role from our Director of Sales & Marketing!
- Identify, test, and iterate on a wide variety of customer acquisition campaigns as both an individual contributor and manager.
- Provide detailed results and recommendations to the leadership team on where the company should deploy its resources to acquire more customers.
- Lead our top of funnel email marketing efforts.
- Assist the Marketing and Sales teams by helping them identify and implement new strategies and tactics to achieve better results within our existing channels
- Physically based in the United States.
- 6+ years experience (B2B SaaS sales and marketing)
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing or sales leadership role
- Willingness to generate results as an individual contributor – including but not limited to, copywriting, design, sales qualifying/closing calls, and customer surveys/interviews.
- Expertise with SEO, SEM, and analytical tools for marketers – including Google’s product suite (Analytics, AdSense, Search Console), Ahrefs, VWO, and Hotjar.
- Experience working with a large amounts of data in spreadsheets (you can do VLOOKUP, SUMIF, and nested functions in your sleep)
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn customer engagement tools like Customer.io.
- Comfortable and competent at giving presentations and public speaking.
- You have a friendly, but strong demeanor.
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Co-working stipend
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe’s climate initiative 🌍❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
- Build a house you want to live in — Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS – Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other — Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom — Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness — Constantly challenge yourself and others
How We Work Together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact: We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration: We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work: *During your normal work day, not after a day a meetings*.
- Autonomy & Freedom: Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our business – we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 20+ countries located in 5 of the 7 continents. We’re a collection of talented humans, rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the relationships within our global community.
Our team is growing in more ways than one – in the last few years, we’ve launched 24 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our people and help our customers become more successful.
Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we’ll be moving forward.
Interested in Close but don’t think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
Follow us on social media