At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you get from this role:
In this role, you will contribute to Cloudflare’s revenue generation engine by delivering pipeline at scale to our Sales counterparts. You will do this through a maniacal focus on people, process, and tools. The Business Development organization is anchored in a culture focused on the development & training of its employees, incubating talent across the company, teamwork, and celebrating success. With flawless execution, we believe the Business Development organization will be a competitive differentiator for Cloudflare.
Day in the Life of Senior Manager of Business Development at Cloudflare:
You will be responsible for building an elite Business Development Team to exceed sales growth targets and drive pipeline velocity. This includes monitoring sales metrics, driving standard methodologies, coaching on performance, optimizing processes for productivity improvements, and working closely with Sales, Marketing, and Operations to drive alignment and top-line outcomes. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a measurable track record in building and pioneering Business Development teams with a high-growth technology company.
Are you a strategic, results focused, tech savvy, inquisitive-minded, tenacious, go-getter, with a real passion for driving transformation while mentoring and developing world-class teams? If you answered yes to these questions, this could be the role for you. Ready to embrace the opportunity?
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with: Sales and Marketing to develop, implement, deliver and measure the results of Demand Gen initiatives that drive pipeline and revenue growth.
- Hire, train, and retain a world-class Business Development organization; develop domain expert trailblazers and future sales stars through coaching, mentoring and focused employee engagement initiatives.
- Set strategic vision, operational goals, and drive to fulfillment. Always focused on doing what’s right for the business.
- Develop and roll-out best-practices for inbound/outbound prospecting to generate qualified pipeline to account executives.
- Refine, and implement processes, methods, tools, and technologies that enhance our demand gen efforts; constantly seek to improve productivity and pipeline creation.
- Build a strong Business Development culture with a specific focus on overseeing our prospect funnel (e.g. watching velocity, conversions, volume spikes, etc.) and our CRM hygiene (e.g. logging call and email activities, cleaning up records, providing accurate reasons codes, etc.)
- Data exploration to develop and implement selling strategies, respond to market changes, establish goals and tactics.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing operations to provide feedback on tech stack, system performance, process optimization, data governance, etc. to reduce friction points for the business development reps and boost productivity.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- 6+ years of SDR/BDR/ISR people management experience, with at least 1 year in second-line role
- 5+ years working in a rapidly growing technology company
- A growth mindset; forward-leaning and innovative while focused on continuous improvement
- Visionary influencer and change management skills to drive meaningful transformation
- Track record of success (i.e. numerous Presidents Clubs and sales awards)
- Excellent quantitative and critical thinking abilities (ability to forecast accurately, monitor funnel performance, assess productivity gains, etc.)
- Strong operational mindset and familiarity with current tools and platforms drive tech stack recommendation (e.g. CRM, Dialer, Sales Automation, etc.) and process optimization (e.g. routing, scoring, etc.)
- Ability to provide strategic insights and coaching sales expertise to maximize team performance
- Experience with funnel management across multiple channels (inbound, upsell, outbound, marketing)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- The ability to travel as needed
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Texas based hires: Estimated annual On Target Earnings of $183,000 – $203,000.
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206: We released 220.127.116.11 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person’s, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.