What you build and where it takes you should be unrestricted by the capabilities of your database. That’s why we created CockroachDB as the planet’s most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database. Making scale so simple you don’t even have to think about it. Making data so resilient it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of database—one born in the cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Account Based Marketing Manager to join our team. The ideal person for this role is someone who has a passion for “moving the needle” by driving pipeline generation exclusively from a target account list. This role will primarily create end-to-end offline and online programs to drive engagement and deepen relationships against the top tier of our target account list.
You must be located in NYC, San Francisco, Toronto or Austin for this role and open to going into the office two days a week.
- Work closely with sales leadership to build out our global 1-1 and 1-few ABM playbook
- Own end-to-end management of ABM program execution, including campaign setup, A/B testing, conversion flows, and campaign optimization
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Content Marketing teams to create account or industry-specific campaigns for high-value personalization that maximizes conversion
- Orchestrate and lead ongoing pipeline check-ins with sales, BDR, & field marketing teams to ensure account goals, key contacts, and account plans remain on track and discuss upcoming account requirements and modifications
- Partner with our Director of Event Marketing to create high-touch events and workshops to ensure account penetration
- Own reporting and analysis on account-based marketing programs, ensuring programs perform against goals and are continually optimized
In your first 30 days, you will assess Cockroach Labs’ enterprise marketing efforts and learn about the CockroachDB solution, and competitive landscape, and acclimate yourself with the DB buyer. During this time, you will also engage with the Cockroach Labs sales team and define the needs and roles of a successful account-based marketing program.
In the next 60 days, you will develop your first ABM campaign and a general plan for future ABM priorities. You will evaluate new ABM vendors needed to support our efforts.
After 3 months, you will be fully engaged with our ABM programs and own the planning and execution with help from our sales team. While you will continue to deepen your understanding of CockroachDB, you will be setting and implementing priorities in coordination with the greater growth marketing team.
- 4-6+ years of proven, multi-channel B2B marketing experience within enterprise software/SaaS, with 8-10+years total experience
- 2+ years of proven experience managing an ABM motion
- Ability to analyze data to make performance improvements
- Strong understanding of demand generation and a track record of owning targeted, personalized campaigns
- Confidence using Google Analytics, Marketo, ABM platforms (Demandbase, Terminus, 6sense) & Salesforce.
Reporting to Ryan Kelly, VP of Growth Marketing
Ryan is a former attorney turned marketer. He lives in Boston with his wife Rachel, and two young children, Beatrice and Wynnie. When he’s not thinking about driving pipeline for the enterprise sales team at Cockroach, you can often find him cooking meals for family and friends or working out at Barry’s before his kids wake up. Ryan’s team at Cockroach is exceptionally cross-functional in nature because it involves collaboration with individuals from various departments. For example, campaign execution may involve working with folks from product, content, design, sales, and revenue/marketing operations teams. Ryan loves to build and coach teams who can take a full-funnel approach to marketing, but bring jolts of lightning ⚡️ to demand generation to hit some very ambitious targets. He is a big believer that the best marketing teams in the world learn faster than everyone else and sees it as his job to set up a culture of experimentation where learning can be accelerated.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected].
The annual anticipated base salary range for U.S. candidates for this role is USD $125,000 to $185,000, plus commission if a sales role. We set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Actual salaries may vary and fall outside of this range depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, geographic location, skills, experience, and competencies. In addition, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. Salary is one component of the Cockroach Labs’ total rewards package, which includes stock options, health insurance, life and disability insurance, funds towards professional development resources, unlimited PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave, to name a few! Salaries for candidates outside the U.S. will vary based on local compensation structures.
To apply for this job please visit www.cockroachlabs.com.
Follow us on social media